Join for free
Page 11 of 36 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 03:21 PM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't blame you, they get on my wick too.
And mine Mups!
I phoned my OVO supplier though and told them in no uncertain terms:
NO Text.
NO Junk E. Mails.
NO Telephone calls.
About Smart/Dum meters.
No furver bovver up to now!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 08:57 PM

Good for you Boozy.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good for you Boozy.
Thank you Mups.
One has to be very assertive with all the service providers who THINK they know what is best for all of us.
Providing we toe the line, do as we are told and keep piling in the £Billions in profits for them of course.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 05:49 PM

Remember peeps

No energy supplier can FORCE you to have a smart meter installed on your house. It IS and has always been YOUR CHOICE whether to have one.

British Gas have already been fined I believe for fraudulently telling their customers that smart meters are mandatory.

They are not. No-one has to have one. period.

That said, Mups is entirely correct when she says that the companies will do "something" if we don't accept their smart meters.

In the USA the companies have a "No Meter Tariff" which is a high rate tariff. They put people on it if they refuse a meter.

Customers must then decide whether to cave in, in which case their bills will likely triple over time, or to switch suppliers to one that doesn't insist on smart meters.

With all the competition I would guess that for some time to come, there will exist suppliers who are happy for us NOT to have a smart meter. They will use that selling point to get us to switch to them. In the end though the costs associated with manual meter readings and debt collection might see them go for smart meters eventually.

It's up to the nation to take a collective stand on this whole issue. Inform as many friends as you can.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
In the USA the companies have a "No Meter Tariff" which is a high rate tariff. They put people on it if they refuse a meter.

Customers must then decide whether to cave in, in which case their bills will likely triple over time, or to switch suppliers to one that doesn't insist on smart meters.

With all the competition I would guess that for some time to come, there will exist suppliers who are happy for us NOT to have a smart meter. They will use that selling point to get us to switch to them. In the end though the costs associated with manual meter readings and debt collection might see them go for smart meters eventually.
Certainly, if my current provider insisted on my having a smart meter, or charged me more for not having one, I would instantly change supplier even if I have a penalty to pay for terminating early.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

20-10-2017, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Certainly, if my current provider insisted on my having a smart meter, or charged me more for not having one, I would instantly change supplier even if I have a penalty to pay for terminating early.
That is what I like JBR.
A Man of strong principles!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 11:36 PM

I'm fed up to the back teeth with Eon.... I've ignored their mountains of letters - they just get binned.
One day very early on in the year they phoned and unfortunately, I answered (which I don't normally do unless I know who it is).

It was about the smart meters. I told them no, not interested.
So I heard nothing for quite a while.

Then a few weeks ago, they started again. Last week they sent a guy round in one of their vans to supposedly knock on the door to speak to me about it (according to the card he put through the door). He didn't knock on the door anyway. Just shoved it through the letterbox.

So, I shoved it in the wheelie bin
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm fed up to the back teeth with Eon.... I've ignored their mountains of letters - they just get binned.
One day very early on in the year they phoned and unfortunately, I answered (which I don't normally do unless I know who it is).

It was about the smart meters. I told them no, not interested.
So I heard nothing for quite a while.

Then a few weeks ago, they started again. Last week they sent a guy round in one of their vans to supposedly knock on the door to speak to me about it (according to the card he put through the door). He didn't knock on the door anyway. Just shoved it through the letterbox.

So, I shoved it in the wheelie bin
Yes, we do the same.
I think it is very helpful of the council to provide a special bin just for junk mail.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:04 AM

Such a pity that you didn’t see him coming up to your house, as he pushed it through your letter box ....push it back
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Such a pity that you didn’t see him coming up to your house, as he pushed it through your letter box ....push it back

Page 11 of 36 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top