Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2012, 10:42 PM

Re: Flu Jab

You are eligible for a free Flu jab at 65 but I think you'll find you will have to pay for one under that age, unless you are at risk healthwise.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Flu-jab...uldbedone.aspx
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 10:41 AM

We are going for our flu jabs on Saturday 13th. This will be my second year and I only decided to have one after a bad bout of flu and an adverse reaction to an antibiotic which landed me in hospital a couple of years ago.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 11:58 AM

I've never got a flu shot and I've been lucky to avoid the flu. I know all it would take is a good sneeze from somebody on the bus but so far so good.

Last winter everyone in the house came down with the flu but me... I keep hand sanitizer in my purse, wash my hands after coming back from shopping etc., wipe down door handles and other surfaces with vinegar regularly.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2012, 04:06 PM

Had our 'flu jabs yesterday. I have a little red mark, that is sore when I press it...(well don't press it, I hear you say ) Hubby hasn't anything to show for his - mind, she likes him, so maybe she was more gentle with him
Annie J, I've had 'flu twice in my life, and I'll not forget either times..you really do feel ill with it, looks like you are doing your level best not to catch it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2012, 06:03 PM

We have ours tomorrow afternoon, we've been having them for ten to twelve years and, just by coincidence no doubt, we've never had the flu..
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2012, 10:36 PM

22nd this month, always have it and not had any trouble touch wood.
inthemoment777
United Kingdom
inthemoment777 is male  inthemoment777 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 09:14 AM

I would never inject mercury, aluminium monkey chick embryos and surgically aborted human fetuses, disinfectants and stabilizers such as but not limited to streptomycin, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, aluminum, hydro-chloride, sorbitol, hydrolyzed gelatin, formaldehyde and thimerosal a mercury derivative.

Flu vaccines do not actually promote natural immunity at all, which begs an important question. If current flu shots do not boost the immune response, then what, exactly, are they good for?

Not much, according to a recent study published in The Lancet. Though the mainstream media widely reported that the study's findings showed an effectiveness rate of 60 percent for flu shots, actual data in the study reveal that flu shots help about 1.5 out of every 100 adults. This, of course, translates into a measly 1.5 percent effectiveness rate. Not to mention those with adverse reactions ranging from mild symptoms to death, never mind the unknowing long term effects on health.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 11:14 PM

Thanks but no thanks!
I have never had a flu injection. It’s not because l am scared of injections, l just don’t want all that stuff ie. mercury, egg and the other ingredients injected into my body!
The doctors surgery gets paid loads of money for administering the flu injection and it’s hit and miss if you are protected from the current strain of flu!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thanks but no thanks!
I have never had a flu injection. It’s not because l am scared of injections, l just don’t want all that stuff ie. mercury, egg and the other ingredients injected into my body!
The doctors surgery gets paid loads of money for administering the flu injection and it’s hit and miss if you are protected from the current strain of flu!
Oh for god's sake, ethylmercury is NOT methylmercury the latter is a toxin the former is not and is ejected from the body within a week. They are as different from each other as Chardonnay is from petrol (even though they both contain alcohol)

What's going on? The aluminium foil beanies are out in force this week.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:19 AM

I have never had a flu jab either.
I also don't even understand why this 5 year old thread has been resurrected when we have a current Flu jab/Vaccination thread already running?

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=46922

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top