Join for free
Page 55 of 370 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:07 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Best thing to stretch all your tendons to the limit is yoga. Men have no excuse now as there is Broga :

https://brogayoga.com/aboutus/broga/

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/bridge-pose
I think you are onto something there. I will look into it for sure.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:08 PM

I have recently started doing this 'Bridge' as well

I discovered a number of these gentle yoga exercises on facebook and they might be OK for me.

It seems that a lot of female runners do this kind of yoga/stretching.

It feels OK for my back, unlike sit ups/leg ups.
Not straining the back in any way.

When my back problem was very bad, I was advised to lie on the floor with my shins on a chair seat.

hmmmmm ... can't do a diagram, but all right angles!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:39 PM

Yoga is so slow that you get the back used to the idea and warm the muscles and tendons up before progressing. I never thought I'd be able to enjoy the bridge like I did today because I too have a delicate back. But it really felt like I was helping the spine strengthen and lengthen. Glad it's helping you too!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think you are onto something there. I will look into it for sure.
Yes, same here. Some very useful advice there Annie, thanks.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 10:24 AM

Knocked out a longer run last night - 7 miles. Feel stronger this morning with less aches and pains. Signs are good.

My racing weight is around 9st 7lb but I haven't been there for 20 years or so but last year I got down to around 10st. After this long period of rest and relaxation - as in doing nothing at all - I weighed this morning to find myself just under 11st. This is huge for me but not something I wasn't expecting. I will weigh again at the end of this month. I should be back to around 10st by then I should think.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:10 PM

Yoga is so slow that you get the back used to the idea and warm the muscles and tendons up before progressing. I never thought I'd be able to enjoy the bridge like I did today because I too have a delicate back. But it really felt like I was helping the spine strengthen and lengthen. Glad it's helping you too!
Yep
My back feels so much better today. Still slightly iffy (feeling a twinge) and I was worrying that using the treadmill would mess it up again.

Taking it all very slowly.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

01-06-2017, 07:26 PM

Yes it certainly seems to be a better way to go, but I'm taking VERY slowly, just in case.

It only takes one false move to start up the old problems again
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

02-06-2017, 10:52 AM

There is hope for all though.

I hadn't trained - hadn't hardly moved away from the computer - for 6-8 months solid. During that time lethargy became my mantra - loved it. A real slob existence is enjoyable. Came time to get back to fitness once again and what did I find? Incredibly deterioration had set in. I had gone from able to run 10 miles down to needing a complete rest after just one slow mile. On top of that my strength had lessened greatly. I could tell this was so when I tried to to my chair press-ups and so on.

The good news?

Not much for a few weeks where I attempted to run for a few miles. I did though manage to get a 6 miler under my belt. Now I feel much fitter and stronger. Losing weight again and feel back in control.

So the moral of all this?

Inactivity is a killer surely. If you don't die off quicker your quality of life is surely lowered - I nearly couldn't get my jeans on again - imagine that ! So, 'oldies' can become fitter and stronger with regular exercise. As for myself I intend to get back as fit (and slim) as I possibly can be.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 05:20 PM

I rode to the pub about a mile and a half away, exercised my left arm (I'm left-handed) by continually raising and lowering my glass of cold Carlsberg. With this done, I walked home while wheeling the bike along. Absolutely exhausting!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 05:27 PM

Best thing to stretch all your tendons to the limit is yoga. Men have no excuse now as there is Broga :

https://brogayoga.com/aboutus/broga/

My daily routine recently has been ten minutes of sun salutations. But today I did some "happy yoga" too focusing on a bridge pose :

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/bridge-pose

I am another yoga freak too Annie.
Been doing it about 7 years now.

On Sunday 25th June, I am going to an event near where I live for "World Yoga Day."
They have all sorts going on, talks and demo's and exercises, and even a free lunch as well.
Really looking forward to that.

Page 55 of 370 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top