Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 09:38 PM

State Pension Forecast Online

Hi

I have just done my State Pension forecast online.

Very quick and easy, but surprised at the amount.

I will not be getting the full £155 a week, only £123.57, due to me occupational pension being a contracted out pension scheme.

Apparently only 13% of new pensioners will get the full amount.

I wonder how many realise that?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 05:27 PM

Re: State Pension Forecast Online

Three or four years ago the wife got a form asking if she would like to contract out some of her state pension contribution, she said no, end of matter? she got this years 1.5% (or so) annual rise, but I noticed she was £14.00 a month worse off, when I did a bit of digging, the chancellor had put a stop to some sort of tax relief, on contracted out contributions, which she had previously declined, work that one out.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:35 PM

I've officially applied for my State Pension to start in September but I was given a figure of £158 pw that I'll be entitled to receive in 2013 and had that backed-up in 2014.

If you had looked into the new Pension a while back you'd have realised the £155.65 is pie in the sky for most new pensioners swim - sorry, not being a know-it-all but it was and still is important to me to get as accurate a figure as possible.

What I don't get is why so many people don't chase things up themselves. stevmk2
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 04:54 AM

I'm just curious as an ex-Brit - is £155 the most a pensioner can get who has no other income?

Our Australian pensions currently equate to about £220 (single) a week and £330 a week (couple) but they are means tested and reduce according to how much other income you have. eg - we're both on a part pension of $130 (£65) a week each because we also have a pension from our jobs.

Another question - I gather you have to pay for aged care in the UK - so what happens to those who have nothing but the state pension? My friend's father in the UK was paying £500 a week and had to sell his house to pay for it. What happens if you don't own a house?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 09:37 AM

A lot of us won't get anything at all if you have worked full time but in part time jobs you have no state pension at all to look forward to, traditionally it was topped up by income support, I am hoping they still have some way to deal with us when my time comes.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2016, 06:42 AM

Gosh, that's pretty tough. I'd always been under the impression that everyone got some sort of state pension in the UK.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 04:18 PM

Just done mine online after trying to and failing to register previously.I received a letter telling me that I have a tax refund coming and could register on-line to receive it.The letter from the tax office quoted my last letter of my NI number as being a D,my pay slips say my last letter is a B,which I have been using to try and failing to register with,typed in my number with the last letter being D and all went through.Under current regs I will receive £220 state pension having been paying in for 43 yrs.
I rang the NI office about the anomaly with the last letter on the NI number,and I'm none the wiser why its different,but they said that the the fist letters and numbers comprising the NI number are the important bit.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 05:39 PM

Anything would be better than nothing-and in just under two years I get a bus pass
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 06:37 PM

I do get a nice little war pension which helps keep the wolf from the door
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I do get a nice little war pension which helps keep the wolf from the door

war pension , !! Which war?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top