Join for free
Page 2 of 48 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:38 PM

Re: France is right to ban the Burkini

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
They'll be bringing back old Victorian bathing machines next ..

That's exactly what I need.
Always wanted one
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:41 PM

@MKJ

Jeeez, can you cut out the preaching.
The only difference between you and the hate preachers is you dont(as far as I know)advocate the murder of innocent people.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:47 PM

MKJ's got a point though.

I tend to wonder how many Muslim countries allow the wearing of a bikini? Do any forbid it? Are they hate preachers? Or just defending and protecting their culture?

Myself .. I deal in, and prefer, Western culture and traditions.
Which rather saucily includes nudist beaches! Shock horror.

Wasn't there some controversy in Germany about a nudist club that was told to cover up because of a nearby refugee shelter.
I wonder if they issued them with burkinis?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
@MKJ

Jeeez, can you cut out the preaching.
The only difference between you and the hate preachers is you dont(as far as I know)advocate the murder of innocent people.
It isn't preaching. I'm just pointing out the obvious - which seems to be sadly lacking to some.

Why do you think they have banned it in the first place?

You think all these impositions are innocent?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:55 PM

I heard on the radio the other day a man ranting on about long skirts my thought on that is another man telling women how to dress. It's no different than husbands insisting a wife covers up. Let women decide. Stop telling us what we can wear.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I heard on the radio the other day a man ranting on about long skirts my thought on that is another man telling women how to dress. It's no different than husbands insisting a wife covers up. Let women decide. Stop telling us what we can wear.
Not it isn't - nothing like.

The Burkini is based on a religious dictate, one that places women on a level considered oppressive to the West.

Anyway it appears I'm preaching. What I can see of it I am able to see through the bull shit where others can't - yet again. Doesn't do me any good though by sharing my thoughts.

What the hell am I doing it for come to think of it? Nothing I say will make the slightest difference.

Bloody hell I really hate my vision of the future.

Music time I think .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:09 PM

I don't swim but if I did I think the burkini might be for me, fair skinned skin cancer in the family, hate showing my body, something that covered me would tempt me in the water. It's tempted many like me, was then adopted by Muslim ladies and advertised to them as suitable. Has got them onto the beach and into the water. Be banning wet suits next.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:13 PM

I really am on the fence with this one tbh.

I see it as France kind of retaliating atm, and all things being equal you can hardly blame them?

In most Islamic countries, women have to cover up, and that includes western visitors. However, when "some" (for the sake of being pc) Muslims are in western countries, they "insist" they have a "religious right" to cover up etc..etc.

I do find them rather hypocritical at times.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-08-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I really am on the fence with this one tbh.

I see it as France kind of retaliating atm, and all things being equal you can hardly blame them?

In most Islamic countries, women have to cover up, and that includes western visitors. However, when "some" (for the sake of being pc) Muslims are in western countries, they "insist" they have a "religious right" to cover up etc..etc.

I do find them rather hypocritical at times.
But you really can't make women remove clothing that's worse than saying cover your arms or whatever.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
MKJ's got a point though.

I tend to wonder how many Muslim countries allow the wearing of a bikini? Do any forbid it? Are they hate preachers? Or just defending and protecting their culture?

Myself .. I deal in, and prefer, Western culture and traditions.
Which rather saucily includes nudist beaches! Shock horror.

Wasn't there some controversy in Germany about a nudist club that was told to cover up because of a nearby refugee shelter.
I wonder if they issued them with burkinis?
I agree with a lot he says, I also agree with your sentiments but there's one big difference in the comparisons.

These people arrived in Europe where their dress code was accepted, in law at least.

Page 2 of 48 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top