Join for free
Page 3 of 48 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:22 PM

Re: France is right to ban the Burkini

Originally Posted by fender ->
I really am on the fence with this one tbh.

I see it as France kind of retaliating atm, and all things being equal you can hardly blame them?

In most Islamic countries, women have to cover up, and that includes western visitors. However, when "some" (for the sake of being pc) Muslims are in western countries, they "insist" they have a "religious right" to cover up etc..etc.

I do find them rather hypocritical at times.
I agree.

Whilst I don't really give a toss what people want to wear, and don't care if muslims want to live in the middle ages, I can believe that this legislation could be retaliation, as you say.

What I haven't seen mentioned yet on this thread are the threats made by some muslims to white people (mostly ladies, incidentally) regarding what they wear.

If we (or the Frogs) shouldn't dictate to muslims what they may wear, perhaps that should work both ways.

Of course, I seem to be forgetting that they haven't taken over yet and France still belongs to the French, just as Britain still belongs to the British... at least for the time being.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:23 PM

You lot can believe what you will but WE are altering to suit others - it is a one way street with only one destination point.

Make of the above what you will.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But you really can't make women remove clothing that's worse than saying cover your arms or whatever.
Good point,

But, they dressed that way on the beach knowing it was banned, so have to accept the consequences.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

Whilst I don't really give a toss what people want to wear, and don't care if muslims want to live in the middle ages, I can believe that this legislation could be retaliation, as you say.

What I haven't seen mentioned yet on this thread are the threats made by some muslims to white people (mostly ladies, incidentally) regarding what they wear.

If we (or the Frogs) shouldn't dictate to muslims what they may wear, perhaps that should work both ways.

Of course, I seem to be forgetting that they haven't taken over yet and France still belongs to the French, just as Britain still belongs to the British... at least for the time being.
Good point JB.
There have been quite a few instances of this recently.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:42 PM

Bottom line is it's another cultural clash thing.

The burkini ban is sparking controversy.
Though they've already been banned in many public swimming baths in Germany, Austria and France for hygiene reasons.
Not the same as on the beach, which is true.

But we also have ...
A Gang of Muslims who stormed a nudist pool in Germany yelling 'Allahu Akbar' and who spat at the nudists.
A young French lady, sunbathing in a park , beaten up by a group of Muslim women for been inappropriately dressed.

Before condemning anyone who favours a burkini ban one has to consider, impartially, what some Muslims seem to think of our Western ways.

Having said that .. I expect this legislation to die a quick death anyway. Surely it's as hard to implement as dog fouling on pavement laws. That's just a comparison illustrating practical difficulties and manpower involved and is no reflection on Muslim ladies before anyone jumps on me.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

25-08-2016, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

You have now,

Good old Morty did it..
Luv the piggy........
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 10:10 PM

The French really know how to alienate people don't they?

It took four armed men to force an unarmed woman to undress.

Nice.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
The French really know how to alienate people don't they?

It took four armed men to force an unarmed woman to undress.

Nice.
Hi

I normally rely on a meal out and some flowers to get a lady to remove clothing,:
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You lot can believe what you will but WE are altering to suit others - it is a one way street with only one destination point.

Make of the above what you will.
You are perfectly correct. It is we who are changing to suit their demands, and in our own country.

I wonder just how far this is going to go.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I normally rely on a meal out and some flowers to get a lady to remove clothing,:
You're wasted swims, you should be training French policemen!

Page 3 of 48 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top