Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:27 AM

Re: Why young people were persuaded to voted for Corbyn

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Experience of what?
Of politics, the world, life in general.

Well, everything really.

Nothing wrong with that, of course.

I assure you, I was young once and most certainly not as incredibly wise as I am now!
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

15-06-2017, 12:32 AM

Again you are making assumptions as to why the younger Voters voted Labour
Well if they weren't bought I'll go to the foot of our stairs, dear oh dear oh dear.
Money motivates!! The youngsters were bought.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Of politics, the world, life in general.

Well, everything really.

Nothing wrong with that, of course.

I assure you, I was young once and most certainly not as incredibly wise as I am now!
So you have experienced abject poverty, injustice, inequality.. in all those years of politics; the world and life in general"?

Are you assuming politics is just for the "experienced" and the priviledged and the affluent?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:40 AM

So you have experienced abject poverty...
Indeed I have.

Did I ever tell you about how things were when ah wer a lad?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by M.P.R. Ashford ->
Well if they weren't bought I'll go to the foot of our stairs, dear oh dear oh dear.
Money motivates!! The youngsters were bought.
Insilting in the extreme
And presumptuous
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

15-06-2017, 12:44 AM

Indeed I have.

Did I ever tell you about how things were when ah wer a lad?

No
I'd love to know believe me
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-06-2017, 12:50 AM

No
I'd love to know believe me
Well, you must realise that this was in working class Bradford, and a rough part at that. Outside toilets, basically just a hole in the ground actually.

We couldn't afford toilet paper, of course. We'd buy a cheap newspaper once a year and, each of our very large family having read it (those who could read, of course), it would be cut up into small pieces and hung from a nail on the outside privy wall. It had to last a year, as you might imagine, until we could afford another newspaper, so we were obliged to use the smallest conceivable pieces.

But we were happy.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

15-06-2017, 12:52 AM

Well, you must realise that this was in working class Bradford, and a rough part at that. Outside toilets, basically just a hole in the ground actually.

We couldn't afford toilet paper, of course. We'd buy a cheap newspaper once a year and, each of our very large family having read it (those who could read, of course), it would be cut up into small pieces and hung from a nail on the outside privy wall. It had to last a year, as you might imagine, until we could afford another newspaper, so we were obliged to use the smallest conceivable pieces.

But we were happy.
And you were persuaded to vote Tory because...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 05:11 AM

I don't blame young people for voting labour. If someone had said to me tick this box and you know that £30,000 debt you owe we will pay it for you of course we would all (well most of us) tick the box.

Thing is then how to present it to others without looking selfish and as if they were bought...ah yes we voted for a brave new world and for change.....that sounds good and bugger the consequences.

Of course there are some young people who really believe that and good luck to them in their convictions but on the whole I don't think so...just my opinion of course.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 06:55 AM

I can understand all the mums and dads on here being upset, because their children, who may have voted Labour, are being blamed for Corbyn's increase in votes. We need to ask what, or who, was at fault and I believe that it is the campaigning we allow before an election.

Choosing who runs this country is very important, yet Candidates are allowed to select a group of people and target them for their votes. I believe that their manifesto should say what they intend to do and how they intend to do it, because their promises become a bit dissolved when they get into power, so become lies!

They should be forced to give a date by when their promises will be activated, and if they aren't, there should be a way to dissolve that government as they have lied to the people.

I also believe that, in debates, there should be no mention of what the other parties do wrong, just a promise of what you will do right and how you will manage that!

Yes youngsters were conned, just like pensioners, business men and parents usually are. We would all vote for something that would personally benefit ourselves, but a change in the rules of campaigning may prevent us all being lied to!

We have all seen how disastrous American style campaigning is and how easy it is to undermine the person with the majority vote. I don't want our selection of a person to lead this country, to become as big a joke as it is there.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top