Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 07:08 PM

Re: Nest Egg?

Originally Posted by KarenC ->
I am very surprised you think our outgoings are average as they are certainly far higher than the majority of people we know in smaller houses but fair enough,that is your view!
It's my view based on what I pay myself on a much smaller house .
I live in a village too ( no shops either ) but the council tax is very high .
I also pay insurance water internet TV licence etc
Everyone does .
In the same way most people don't get benefits
The only benefit I get is the fuel allowance -its an age thing!

Sorry I assumed wrongly that you were nearly eligible for a free bus pass but of course as the retirement age is now 66 this will not be the case.
It definitely sounds as if you will be happier and be able to live more economically nearer to town .

When calling the pensions people,I was told to apply for a government gateway which I did,then had to wait for a "pin" and now the site redirects me to another which says they HMRC do not recognise me..worrying after paying tax for 40 years.
This is worrying .
Call them again and explain the situation .
You need to talk to a real person .

If you work for the NHS perhaps their accounts dept has someone who can offer some advice re your NHS pension.
Perhaps you could use your inheritance to make additional contributions to your pension ?

There are all sorts of people here there is no need to fit in we are all different .
It's just your post was somewhat out of the ordinary .
Best of luck .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 07:36 AM

Re: Nest Egg?

Re shares
It's always easier in hindsight .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/inv...00-crisis.html

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top