Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 01:03 PM

Giving up Smoking

Hi

The time has come, I am giving up.

I gave up once before, only starting again after the mother of my kids left.

I had a vast cache of tobacco, enough to make 18000 king size, all now given away to those in the local Mind Charity

I have 2 opened packs, enough to last until Thursday.

This is a good thing, whilst my Vape Pens arrive tomorrow, I have forgotten to order any fluid with them.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

My new medication also prohibits any form of Alcohol at all, never a heavy drinker, even a glass of wine a day is out now.

I live in hope of this changing eventually, I do enjoy a glass of wine with my meals from time to time.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 01:12 PM

Re: Giving up Smoking

Best of luck........you know it makes sense.

I smoked for far too many years, and gave up several times.
Finally did it about 5 years ago, you have to really want to give up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 01:15 PM

Hi Swim stick with it, I gave up smoking 25 years ago and now regret ever starting.

I can't drink either I feel there are enough potent drugs in my system already with my meds so am embracing water with ice and a slice of lemon and pretending it is gin
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Best of luck........you know it makes sense.

I smoked for far too many years, and gave up several times.
Finally did it about 5 years ago, you have to really want to give up.
Hi

Thank you for that Bruv.

It really is a health thing for me.

Even with the fall in the £, a pack of 20 only costs me less than £1.50
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Oh good luck with that Swimfeeders, the vape pen should get you through the worst of your withdrawal , all the drivers where I work who used to smoke use them ,..and not one of them misses smoking ! and of course a Truck is classed as a place of work now, so cant smoke in them anyway but they can vape. ,but you must experiment to find a flavour that you like , ( a lot of our drivers use cool mint or something similar ) and I am sure you know a couple of vape shops in your area, anyway good luck !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 02:01 PM

If you give up tomorrow or in the future, the information below shows you how your health will improve over a period of time. •20 mins after giving up: Your blood pressure and pulse rate will return to normal and healthy levels and your circulation, especially in your hands and body will improve.
•8 hours after giving up: The risk of suffering a heart attack will begin to fall and the level of oxygen will increase to a normal level.
•12 hrs after giving up: The level of carbon monoxide in your body will decrease.
•24 hrs after giving up: Carbon monoxide will have gone from your body and your lungs will start to rid themselves of mucus and debris.
•36 hrs after giving up: Nerve endings that were destroyed from smoking will start to grow again.
•48 hrs after giving up: There will be no nicotine left in your body and your sense of smell and taste will begin to improve.
•72 hrs after giving up: You will be able to breathe more easily and your energy levels will increase.
•2 - 12 wks after giving up: There will be an improvement in your circulation throughout your whole body.
•3 - 9 months after giving up: Breathing difficulties decrease and your lungs will be 5 - 10% more effective.
•5 years after giving up: The risk of suffering a heart attack will fall to half that of a smoker.
•10 years after giving up: You will be 50% less likely to develop lung cancer than you were as a smoker and will have the same risk of suffering a heart attack as a person who has never smoked.

Good Luck SF..You WILL succeed
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 02:05 PM

Swim, I gave up for 12 years and then spent time with smokers, so started again.... how stupid! I now haven't had one for more that 6 years and I will never have another.
Try to avoid being with smokers for the first couple of months and then become self satisfied that you have won the battle.

One of the other advantages, apart from improving your health, is that you don't smell awful. You may not notice it, but others do!

Good luck and, if you need somebody to discourage you, I will be happy to tell you off, on here, when you are tempted.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Good luck from another ex-smoker.

I gave up many years ago by going "cold turkey" and despite many traumas in the intervening years, have never resorted to smoking. If I can do it, then anyone can. All the best.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-08-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim, I gave up for 12 years and then spent time with smokers, so started again.... how stupid! I now haven't had one for more that 6 years and I will never have another.
Try to avoid being with smokers for the first couple of months and then become self satisfied that you have won the battle.

One of the other advantages, apart from improving your health, is that you don't smell awful. You may not notice it, but others do!

Good luck and, if you need somebody to discourage you, I will be happy to tell you off, on here, when you are tempted.
Hi

If there is anyone who I can rely on for a bollocking it will be you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If there is anyone who I can rely on for a bollocking it will be you.
You know me so well!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top