Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 04:41 PM

Re: What would you miss most ?

Years ago after having an operation where I had to have a colostomy bag fitted, ( removed 6 months later) the stoma nurse told me I had to eat the opposite of a healthy diet, cakes puddings that sort of thing, I was in heaven, or I would have been if I had an apitite, but I could eat any fatty food, normally the stuff you are advised to avoid, cucumbers, for years I hated even the smell of them, I associated them with being I'll as a kid, its only these last few years that I can eat them but only in small quantities, I love fruit, I'd miss cherries, strawberries, raspberries, ect, but sweet stuff, I am addicted to it , I love cakes, biscuits, chocolate,
I just hope I never have to give any of it up...
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 05:49 PM

Primus, one of the benefits of having an ileostomy is that I am encouraged to eat more salty things, so its a bag of crisps every day with my lunchtime sandwich. The other things that are recommended are marshmallows and jelly babies. All things I have avoided for years.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Primus, one of the benefits of having an ileostomy is that I am encouraged to eat more salty things, so its a bag of crisps every day with my lunchtime sandwich. The other things that are recommended are marshmallows and jelly babies. All things I have avoided for years.
See, now you've got me started, I want some jelly babies now, haven't had them for years..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 06:21 PM

Almonds a healthy addiction ...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 06:53 PM

I used to love radishes & cucumber, but if I eat them I suffer & so does everyone near me, so I don't eat them any more. Chocolate can have the same effect, but I haven't stopped eating that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 08:41 PM

I cannot imagine life without fruit and veg but for me it would be infinitely worse if I could not have cheese, garlic, onions, bacon, crisps or ice cream!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
See, now you've got me started, I want some jelly babies now, haven't had them for years..

Have box of wine gums sitting down beside me matey - better than jelly babies - they're bigger!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top