Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 08:42 AM

Re: I'm really sorry but I need to talk.

I don't think any of us are qualified to help but if it helps to talk we are a gobby lot and happy to talk about anything you need.

Our mental health services here are accessed by phone I wonder if you have a similar thing where you are ? If not you really need to go back to your surgery and see your GP to access some help. None of it is your fault your mental health is just like any other part of your body and can go wrong just as easily. Broken arm or broken mind is same thing and you wouldn't say it's your fault if your arm broke.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:03 AM

Hi MC you have done really well getting your glucose levels to 4/7 , it should give you a sense of achievement and don't worry about going off track, you can get back on again when you feel calmer.

You clearly need someone to talk to about your fears, we all do at some time in our lives..(hugs)

Don't hesitate to ring the Samaritans or send them an email. You can also pop in to the nearest branch for a cup of tea and a face to face chat whatever suits you best...
https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-ca...you/contact-us

Contrary to public belief the Sams are not there for the sole purpose of talking to those who are suicidal, they are there to befriend anyone at a time of crisis and will just listen to any concern you may have without trying to advise you. Sometimes just talking things through can help you to see things more clearly.

Remember you are never alone, there is always someone there to listen xx
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:07 AM

Such a brave post MC, it's reassuring isn't it that when you write so honestly you discover other people have been in those dark places. What I'm trying to say is there is a way out we all need help in different ways now and then, there's no shame in that.

Get in touch with with the service immediately explain you missed your appointment and emphasise that you are having dark thoughts and need to see someone quickly and accept all the help you are given.

Have to say MC I always look for your posts you always seem so upbeat, keep posting and keep us informed at how you are doing. Good luck Mister, things will get better. Big hugs
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:16 AM

Hi M C I'm posting the number for The Samaritans who are there 24 hours a day , sometimes a warm human voice can help during our dark times , just pick up the phone and ring this number . There are folk on the other end who will understand and be happy to chat with you , it may just help at times .

Freephone number is 116123

Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:20 AM

MC, you have done so well to get your blood sugar levels down to normal levels. As others have said, please go and get some help with your other problems. I have been looking forward to reading your updates about getting another dog. We are a family that love greyhounds and lurchers, well any dogs for that matter There will be a dog just waiting and longing for you to give him or her a forever home. This is a lovely forum and I'm glad to have met you here. Good luck with everything
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:26 AM

I agree that it was very brave of you to post exactly how you are feeling. Sometimes we are too embarrassed to let it all out and admit that we need help. I think it is particularly difficult for men to express their feelings because it's not what we do.

Fear of life is a terrible thing and most of the time it is irrational but knowing that doesn't make things any easier. If all the people that had had dark thoughts at some time in their life were to admit it, I reckon it would amount to most of the population.

I wish you well.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:57 AM

MC like others before me I am not qualified to offer any advice but to say please go back and get some more help, don't try and tackle this on your own. Please keep posting and letting us know how you are getting on. If for no other reason than to chat.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 12:07 PM

I wish he'd post today and let us know he is alright.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Oh I feel so sorry for you MC, but please do as the others advise, go and see your GP and get some help, and remember you can talk to any of us at any time, we are all hear to listen to you.

Good luck.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 02:58 PM

Nice job on those glucose levels!

I hope this makes you feel better and encourages you to make and go to that next appointment:

Something jumped out from your post....beginning with the word "sorry". If you look around this forum...at all of the health issues were are going through, no one is apologizing or embarrassed about their knee issues, back, problems, and even cancer? Why? It's because they are just one of the many health issues that we all have sooner or later. Welcome to being over fifty .

There should be no deliniation between "health" and "mental health"...it's all just health ! If you are having symptoms that your brain, just another - but critically important organ, is exhibiting, then it's time for a doctor's visit.

Try not being so hard on yourself. This has absolutely nothing to do with your strength, will, or even soul for that matter. You are wise to identify that something is amiss....and that it's time to get yourself properly diagnosed and treated....

Try rereading this with a few changes.
Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
But I was ashamed to admit to her that I have had problems keeping to this for the past 3 weeks though due to having a sore and swollen knee.

I admit to you here, where you don't really know who I am, that they think I had a serious knee injury three years ago and i seemed to be getting better, but things haven't been going very well lately and I'm struggling quite a bit physically and to make things awkward my chest seems to be getting bad as well which means its difficult doing things I need to do. I haven't seen my CBT therapist for a month as she had been on holiday and I cancelled my last appointment. She had given me some forms to fill in about swelling and pain I have been having where I am supposed to self examine my aches and injuries and try to understand why I'm having them, what had caused them and what I could do to conquer them and write it all down. She did go through one severe and likely torn ligament issue I have and worked through it with me on paper,] but trying to do this at home alone is just not working for me, and I'm afraid to tell her as she has told me that if I start to fall down and become unable to walk again she will have to refer me on for other help and that really scares me. I have got myself into a mess and have started having the odd flashes of excruciating leg and knee pain again and I'm fighting them as well. Been there don't want to do that again really.[/B]

I come here and make my stupid posts and try to pretend I'm behaving normal but this afternoon after the orthopaedic appointment I just sat in the car in the carpark and couldn't go home and face talking about my knee injury again. I'm sorry to pour this out but I'm bottling everything up again and don't know what to do next and thought it would be ok to talk here as when I'm alone it all goes bad rapidly. I don't understand how I've let it all go so wrong again and am having debilitating knee and mobility issues. I don't like or want to feel like this but its hard to explain as it feels as if something, someone is in control and its not me pulling the strings. I'm not feeling sorry for myself and i don't want to be a moaning minnie, if anything I'm bloody furious that I've got such a bad knee injury, but don't know what to do for the best to stop this.
Do you see? You are making an unfair judgement against yourself for having a health condition that could be diagnosed and treated. I think you'll come out of this just fine. Sincere good wishes, MC.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top