Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2017, 10:18 AM

Re: I'm really sorry but I need to talk.

Hello M.C. I can totally relate to your situation. You are not alone. It is not at all un-common for anti-depressants to be changed or tweeked from time to time. Unless I missed it, I did not hear you say anything about anti-anxiety meds. They can work wonders. Truly !
I am a HUGE believer in introspection. Have you considered asking yourself what it is that you crave? I do not mean food, but rather what you crave emotionally. You may already know what that "thing" is. Many people say to themselves, "If I don't get---- I'll die. The short answer is, no you will not die. The long answer is that what you crave or fear may very well be tied into your past history, perhaps even clear back to childhood. That craving or fear is quite possibly the "well-spring" of all the issues that currently plague you. I know it is fearful to confront that issue. But you CAN over-come it. Others have met that challenge head-on and over-come it. So can you.
Right now, you may not know what that "thing" is. That's why a good therapist is so critical. If you are uncomfortable with your current therapist, you might consider changing him/her. There are many good therapists out there and, unfortunately, there are also some really bad ones. Being comfortable with a therapist is very important.
I hope that by the time you read this you are feeling better.
Take care of yourself. Be kind to yourself.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top