Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 06:04 PM

Re: Aldi meat.

There isn't an Aldi near Me either so I buy My beef at the local butchers where I know it's Scottish bred,

Myrtle maybe Missy lives in NI?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Unfortunately there isn't an Aldi close to me
Originally Posted by May ->
There isn't an Aldi near Me either so I buy My beef at the local butchers where I know it's Scottish bred,
They are supposedly opening 1000 new stores by 2022 so you have a reasonable chance of getting one.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by May ->

Myrtle maybe Missy lives in NI?
I never was good at geography
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I never was good at geography
Indeed, I'm in Northern Ireland

They have them in Eire but Scotland is closer to me believe it or not, plus I don't have to change currency

We do have lidl which only supply NI and Eire meat, dairy, bakery and most refrigerator products. I always get my mince from lidl and fish. The fish is half the price of Tesco and is very good quality. Their steaks are also excellent but I've found the joints to be hit or miss
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:58 AM

I do all of my shopping at Lidl and simply cannot fault them. I also buy meat/chicken from Costco and their meat is excellent. I recently bought a pack of lamb steaks. They are so big that one steak will do me two meals, the second meal is usually Shepherd's pie or rissoles. Their chicken breasts also are big enough for two meals. Such good value.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top