Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Re: Vaccinations due.

I will walk to boots to get my jab when i can walk without rain. Not sure it is good idea while my arm is in plaster so i will check with the fracture clinic first.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:43 PM

Got my jabs today, arrived early and seen early, so far so good.

Nurse you here for flu jab, yes and also the pneumonia jab, your lucky i only have two left, well you invited me too have it surely you make sure you have enough, err there i a shortage.

Nurse anything else, yes my BG has been 3.8 and 4.0, thats low she says,have you been eating, No you said test an hour before meals, no you should have a meal first.

Cant win with them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:48 PM

I went for my flu vaccs on Saturday.
I often get a very sore arm so I gave it a good massage on the site of the vaccination when I came out of the Doctors.
In the evening I applied an ice pack wrapped in a tea and my arm has been fine just a tiny bit sore .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I understand the cynicism with regard to the 'flu jab'
It's not cynicism though. It's actual scientific fact, peer reviewed, over 2000 studies involving some 8 million people.
The flu jab is nothing but useless snake oil. It's a con, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
We almost lost my sister to pneumonia and sepsis last winter, she was dreadfully ill.
Her consultant has told her that had she had the jab he thought she'd wouldn't have been nearly so ill and might not have had to go into hospital.
I'm sorry to hear this obviously. But to be objective requires rationality and straight thinking. Your sister suffered for one reason only, her immune system was not up to spec, not up to the job.

If you have allowed your immune system to be run down, compromised, damaged then frankly there's only going to be one ultimate outcome. Personally I would want to address that root problem rather than looking for sticking plaster botches.

Even if she had the pneumonia jab, she will likely just end up with some other virus or problem because of the underlying problem.

Build up her immune system. Lots of Vit C fruits, lots of good vegetables, removal of sugar from the diet and so on.
Vaccines, esp those laden with toxic Mercury will continue to damage her immune system imo.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
My Wife and I are going up to our local surgery early afternoon today to have ours done.
And then we will have peace of mind on both counts!
Science says your "peace of mind" is nothing but delusion. The very term suggests that the purposeful "Campaign Of Fear" that the CDC and other heatlh bodies put out, has done its job on you. Genuinely that saddens me.

The flu vaccine is an empty cup. It can help only 1 in 100 people, that's how useless it is. That's not opinion, it's not conjecture, it's scientific fact underpinned by the foremost international medical research body that exists, the Cochrane Library. Even were the vaccine totally free, I would not have it, in fact I would be physically prepared to fight anyone who tried to force it upon me. It is snake oil of the highest order and imo can serve only to harm your body and its immune system, the very opposite of what you are hoping to achieve.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Some wit Swim?
Some Twit more like.
Avoid Brexit and our country is doomed.
Avoid the flue jab and you could be doomed too!

My Wife and I are going up to our local surgery early afternoon today to have ours done.
And then we will have peace of mind on both counts!

Boozy, it's probably too late, but are you sure it is a good idea while you are still unwell?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:32 PM

I hope next season's flu shot is better than this years.

This years shot was only 20% effective as against the normal 50%. There were 2.5 times more cases of flu this year than last.

On average, over the past 10 years, the flu vaccine protected about 40 to 50 per cent of people from infection (this is substantially less than other vaccines, like say, measles, which is about 90 per cent effective).

One reason for this is the influenza virus can mutate rapidly.
>>>>Interesting article here<<<<
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:10 AM

This, too, is worth reading, plus it confirms what's been said often on here, that only 1 in 100 benefit...

Flu vaccine: NHS patients wanted to test 'universal' jab -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41467097
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:12 AM

I'm getting my shingles booster next week. I haven't met anyone who said they enjoyed shingles.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

03-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
This years shot was only 20% effective as against the normal 50%.
I call BS

Sorry.

I see no scientific peer reviewed data to support those figures. The link you posted to a news site is nothing more than the usual "Campaign Of Fear" Billy BS that we already know is purposefully put out to scare people into taking up the flu vaccine. This is not conspiracy. The Powerpoint presentation by the CDC director Glen Novak is freely downloadable on many internet sites. It clearly states their "Recipe to foster demand for the vaccine" and his instructions to engage in a huge media campaign to scare people to generate the demand.

There's no scientific data in your link, just the usual nonsense from mainstream media.

Countering that is the Cochrane Library, the most prestigious internationally respected body for INDEPENDENT and UNBIASED medical studies. In fact the very body/organisation that designs the baseline protocols for everyone else to use when conducting medical studies.

They analysed over 2000 separate studies of the flu vaccine which involved some 7 to 8 million people. They concluded that the vaccine is snake oil. That it helps roughly 1 in every 100 people. Scientifically reviewed, peer reviewed fact.

For those new to this forum or new to the flu vaccine scam debate here are the links to read that will show irrefutably how deep the flu jab con runs.

Here is the Powerpoint presentation by CDC director Glen Nowak instructing his managers to run a "Campaign Of Fear" to generate high demand for their useless flu vaccines:

Jump to page 5 or 6

http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd...67120662D.ashx

It urges experts to act thus:

"4. Medical experts and public health authorities publicly (e.g., via media) state concern and alarm (and predict dire outcomes)–and urge influenza vaccination."

5. Continued reports (e.g., from health officials and media) that influenza is causing severe illness and/or affecting lots of people–helping foster the perception that many people are susceptible to a bad case of influenza.

6. Visible/tangible examples of the seriousness of the illness (e.g., pictures of children, families of those affected coming forward) andpeople getting vaccinated (the first to motivate, the latter to reinforce)"

A purposeful scam and massive campaign to deliberately frighten naive and vulnerable people, typically the elderly and infirm. Make them think that they might die from the next bout of flu and that having the jab will give them peace of mind. The entire thing is utter BS. It is a war on people's health in order to generate huge profits $$$$$ from useless and unecessary vaccines which are likely to cause more harm to you than aid you.

This is the link to the Cochrane Library Study of the flu vaccine for adults (one of the studies, there are a few). This one concludes that the vaccine helps 1 in 71 people.

http://www.cochrane.org/CD001269/ARI...healthy-adults

Be aware. Know that the vaccine is pure snake oil. Do your research!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top