Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2017, 08:05 AM

Kinesiology tape

Has anyone used it and did it help?

I have an appointment with the physio on Wedensday. My shoulder is playing up again and my GP just keeps dishing out NSAIDs. He says the shoulder and my knee are both worn and my work just continues to add to the wear and tear.

My knee pops out and then pops back again which is eyewateringly painful and make me feel a bit sick plus it can be very noisy like crackling plastic.

Im too young for a replacement and besides I dont think its anywhere near serious enough. Ive tried a support bandage but they slide down and pinch when you bend or kneel down.

This tape has been suggested as an alternative and so Im asking has anyone else tried it and did it help?
Id like a little more knowledge before I go to the phsyio in case thats what they suggest.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2017, 08:57 AM

Re: Kinesiology tape

Cass darlin' - arthritis is no respector of age, one can be an infant and still have arthritis. I have had both knees and both Hips sugically replaced with implants, I was 54 when I had my first implant. If your medic advises replacement to ease your pain - then go for it!!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Cass darlin' - arthritis is no respector of age, one can be an infant and still have arthritis. I have had both knees and both Hips sugically replaced with implants, I was 54 when I had my first implant. If your medic advises replacement to ease your pain - then go for it!!!
They wont, the GP has already informed me under 60 is no go for routine replacements.. Unless a joint is really so bad that daily living is impossible.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:21 AM

I have used the tape and have to say that it's temporary, expensive, and bunches up - and is mostly recommended for more minor injuries than the ones (and I am terribly sorry to hear it) that you are enduring.

If braces aren't working, have you considered wearing compression tops, shorts, and tights? They do what the tape does over your entire body. I wear compression gear to run and work out, but also find that the pressure feels so good on achy muscles and joints that I wear the gear on days at home or when casually out and about. If they are too form fitting for your preference, they can be worn under clothing. I wear a brand called CW-X because the seams and panels are designed to maximize support.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top