Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 01:47 AM

The Silence is Deafening

I am having a few varicose veins removed tomorrow, which I consider a public service - something akin to cleaning up roadside garbage - so the general community will not have to look upon the eyesore. . However:

No one has called with preop instructions...you know the usual no food, no water, no makeup...blah, blah blah...

Isn't that unusual? I hope they give the surgery itself a bit more attention.

Thank you for allowing to mini vent as my young daughter was nonplussed.

Anyway, I'll be back in miniskirts in no time! Not.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 05:50 AM

Re: The Silence is Deafening

You won't need to make any preparations if they're being removed by a local anaesthetic.

Let us know how you get on.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 08:38 AM

We will need photographic evidence.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........of the mini skirts.

I always use falling down water as an anesthetic, works for me.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 09:11 AM

Good luck SM, hope all goes well. You'll be back on your feet in no time at all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 09:14 AM

I hope all goes well SM, good luck...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 02:48 PM

Thank you for the good wishes. My dad gives me a fair amount teasing that I have now entered the "procedures" part of my life, soon to be followed by "surgeries", and "major surgeries" .

As it turns out, as I suspected, that it was a staff error that I wasn't contacted about preop instructions. I suppose it is good thing that I am old enough to know that I should have fasted...

I am also old enough to know that I am not going to let Nom see me in a miniskirt....if I indeed owned one.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Thank you for the good wishes. My dad gives me a fair amount teasing that I have now entered the "procedures" part of my life, soon to be followed by "surgeries", and "major surgeries" .

As it turns out, as I suspected, that it was a staff error that I wasn't contacted about preop instructions. I suppose it is good thing that I am old enough to know that I should have fasted...

I am also old enough to know that I am not going to let Nom see me in a miniskirt....if I indeed owned one.....

Curses, foiled again!!!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 03:24 PM

How selfish is that? You could at least buy one for the occasion, wear it on a photo-shoot then take it back. The shop won't be any the wiser.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-10-2017, 07:22 PM

After some careful thought, and encouragement by Judd and Uncle Joe, I have reassessed....and will, just this once, show you the "after" photo:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b1/33/92/b...ttle-girls.jpg
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 07:27 PM

After some careful thought, and encouragement by Judd and Uncle Joe, I have reassessed....and will, just this once, show you the "after" photo:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b1/33/92/b...ttle-girls.jpg
.... great photo Surfermom!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top