Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 07:28 PM

Re: The Silence is Deafening

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 08:29 PM

Good luck with your op Surfermom. What operation are you having? There are several options. I had mine stripped out back in 2000 and I've ended up with legs like Jane Russell.....
I had a general anaesthetic and woke up several hours later trussed up like a mummy. They like you to get out exercising as soon as possible, so for the next week or two I walked miles. I probably did a bit too much, but they came out alright in the end and I was back running again after a month.......Anyway, all the best Surfermom and I hope it's not too painful.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 03:52 AM

Haha, Nom...toss me a banana!

OGF, another shared experience. Yes, it was a stripping, and as you can imagine, even though surgery yesterday afternoon, I walked a total of four miles today split into morning and evening sessions.

So now we understand why you have those great gams you in all of your photos. I suppose it's better her legs than if you had ended up with Jane Russell's....well, never mind...I'm veering off topic again .

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 07:09 AM

Hi

Glad it all went well.

I have had over 30 General Anaesthetics.

The interesting ones where when I had a full length metal leg brace, they worried about earthing.

I am also somewhat difficult to put under full anaesthesia. and I have to remind them of this, they rarely read the notes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Haha, Nom...toss me a banana!

OGF, another shared experience. Yes, it was a stripping, and as you can imagine, even though surgery yesterday afternoon, I walked a total of four miles today split into morning and evening sessions.

So now we understand why you have those great gams you in all of your photos. I suppose it's better her legs than if you had ended up with Jane Russell's....well, never mind...I'm veering off topic again .

I'm pleased it all went well for you, Surfermom
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:06 AM

How are you feeling today Supermom?
Glad it all went well.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How are you feeling today Supermom?
Glad it all went well.
I wish to second those emotions to Surfermom.
But sssshhhhh.
Please keep those apes quiet!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:42 AM

SM, with your positive attitude I am sure you will have recovered from having the veins done very soon. I am sure your lovely dogs will make sure you do all the walking you need too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Glad it all went well for you, my husband had his done a few years ago it was great seeing him with no pain again.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 02:56 PM

Ha, swimmy you are apparently the world chamption of general anesthesia...I understand your plight. The only other time I underwent G.A. I sat straight up on the operating table when they hit a nerve. I can still remember the surgeon over me with a scalpel while everyone was pushing me back down saying, "Whoa, whoa, whoa....!" Apparently that doesn't happen very often, but rarely do I do things without some funny story coming out of it...

You all have been most kind with your good thoughts and well-wishes. Yes, I am glad to have this over with, and it didn't keep me down long as I have to spend the day packing up for the hurricane arriving on Saturday night.

Life goes on! Hugs to you all....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top