Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:18 AM

What’s on your bucket list?

I don’t have any important priorities. Just silly little things I would have liked to have done.

I’d like to go across the Magnificent Forth bridge in a train.

I’d like to paddle in the sea at Dunnet head at low tide The most northerly tip of Scotland.

I’ve been to Loch Ness. We even scattered some of my wife’s ashes into the loch, at her request. She never got to visit ‘Nessie’

Just simple meaningless things which you can regret not having done.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:36 AM

Re: What’s on your bucket list?

I don't have a bucket list, I just take life at is comes.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:39 AM

I don't have a bucket list, either. Being inactive for six months or so I need to get out more and small expeditions and events are on my horizon. I've been living very much day-to-day, depending upon how I feel.
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:26 PM

Wish I hadn’t asked now,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:53 PM

I have yet to go by horseback over the Andes .
It's a bit too cold for me up there .
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Wish I hadn’t asked now,
My things are important to me but not very adventurous.

I would like to go and see Old Sarum near Salisbury as I read the book Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd and enjoyed it so much. I like Edward Rutherfurd books as he writes epic historical novels.

While I am in the area I also want to visit Salisbury Cathedral and the Avebury Stone Circle. I want to touch the stones and see if I can feel histories heartbeat in them.

I would like to go to go Chesil Beach or somewhere similar to see if I can find some fossils. Just some small ones.

I want to go to the town of Glastonbury again and visit the places I've been before while visiting previously but this time I want to walk to the top of the Tor which I have never done before.

I want to go to Liverpool Museum to see the Terracotta Warriors as they fascinate me. A friend has been to see them and enjoyed it. I believe they are on view til the beginning of October. I will go as soon as the school holidays finish.

I know these all sound pretty boring to most but I did actually want to do these things and I have bored people to death on here about them for a while now when I was so ill and hiding away, but seeing I have started changing my whole life around and I'm not as ill as I was, I really need to get on and do them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 01:49 PM

A bucket is on my list I have cousins in Sydney Australia I would like to see. Tessa my cousin married an Aussie and lives out there and have not seen her for over 50 years.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 01:55 PM

I don’t have any important priorities. Just silly little things I would have liked to have done.

I’d like to go across the Magnificent Forth bridge in a train.

I’d like to paddle in the sea at Dunnet head at low tide The most northerly tip of Scotland.

I’ve been to Loch Ness. We even scattered some of my wife’s ashes into the loch, at her request. She never got to visit ‘Nessie’

Just simple meaningless things which you can regret not having done.
The most important "wish" on my bucket list.....There is a train that goes across the North Country (of Canada), you sleep in a berth, that has a little bed, bathroom facilities, etc......you eat in the dining room. Apparently the scenery is breathtaking.

I would really love to take that trip....but I can't see it happening now.
FridgeMagnet

16-07-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
My things are important to me but not very adventurous.

I would like to go and see Old Sarum near Salisbury as I read the book Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd and enjoyed it so much. I like Edward Rutherfurd books as he writes epic historical novels.

While I am in the area I also want to visit Salisbury Cathedral and the Avebury Stone Circle. I want to touch the stones and see if I can feel histories heartbeat in them.

I would like to go to go Chesil Beach or somewhere similar to see if I can find some fossils. Just some small ones.

I want to go to the town of Glastonbury again and visit the places I've been before while visiting previously but this time I want to walk to the top of the Tor which I have never done before.

I want to go to Liverpool Museum to see the Terracotta Warriors as they fascinate me. A friend has been to see them and enjoyed it. I believe they are on view til the beginning of October. I will go as soon as the school holidays finish.

I know these all sound pretty boring to most but I did actually want to do these things and I have bored people to death on here about them for a while now when I was so ill and hiding away, but seeing I have started changing my whole life around and I'm not as ill as I was, I really need to get on and do them.

Strangely enough, I’ve done three of your wishes.
Salisbury, Old Sarum & Chesil beach! You haven’t done the Forth bridge have you? We could swap!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 03:40 PM

Wish I hadn’t asked now,
From being a small child I had three things on a bucket list - Go up in a Hot Air balloon, travel to India, and go up in a Tiger Moth.

Done them. Had to start again - Climb Glastonbury Tor, visit Stonehenge, and climb all the mountains in the Lake District.

I have done all three from both lists - all were exciting - will have to start another one!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top