Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:20 AM

Re: Cliff Richard v BBC

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I doubt anyone dubbed a "national treasure" these days
That's Saville's legacy for me

And he wasn't found innocent of anything Floydy...
What happened was, that "there wasn't enough evidence to charge him with any thing"
In the snippet I saw of the interview on the news...he was openly saying that, which I found quite bizarre
If he's entirely innocent shouldn't he be saying
"They obviously weren't going to find ANY evidence" not
"The police stated that there wasn't enough evidence to charge me"
I understand your thoughts Rhian, but we still live in a country where you are innocent till proven guilty, so the BBC report should never have been aired, till he was.

Just imagine that you felt your house was cluttered so got some house clearance men to take some of your furniture away. One of your neighbours, who doesn't know you well, videos this and tells other distant neighbours that you must be in debt because the bailiffs were emptying things from your house.
It is unlikely that any of you neighbours would repeat this to you, but believe me, they would all be saying it behind your back and it could influence others opinions of you.

That is why the BBC should never have shown the film of Cliffs house being raided. None of us know if he was innocent, but the law says he is till he can be proved guilty!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:25 AM

Worth noting in this case that most here are relaxed in the knowledge that Cliff is "Innocent until proved guilty", our most fundamental freedom and right to justice. It's called Habeas Corpus.

The Remainers among you might note that the EU's preferred style of justice is called Corpus Juris.

It works the opposite way round. Under Corpus Juris the EU state police can grab you and incarcerate you for long periods of time (months or even years) and the onus is then on the victim to prove their innocence, which is somewhat difficult, if not impossible to do from the confines of a police cell !

The EU have tried to get Corpus Juris established and ultimately I'm sure they will.

That my friends is the sign of a totalitarian state.

"Innocent until proved guilty" is one of our most treasured freedoms. We should leave the EU for the preservation of that freedom alone !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Worth noting in this case that most here are relaxed in the knowledge that Cliff is "Innocent until proved guilty", our most fundamental freedom and right to justice. It's called Habeas Corpus.

The Remainers among you might note that the EU's preferred style of justice is called Corpus Juris.

It works the opposite way round. Under Corpus Juris the EU state police can grab you and incarcerate you for long periods of time (months or even years) and the onus is then on the victim to prove their innocence, which is somewhat difficult, if not impossible to do from the confines of a police cell !

The EU have tried to get Corpus Juris established and ultimately I'm sure they will.

That my friends is the sign of a totalitarian state.

"Innocent until proved guilty" is one of our most treasured freedoms. We should leave the EU for the preservation of that freedom alone !
I agree with you Realist! Mind you I would be happy to kill them once they were proved to be guilty!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:15 AM

So who's "Kitty" then?
Hmmmm?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:32 AM

Nothing wrong with what the police did in gathering so called evidence.

What the BBC did if it had gone to trial MIGHT/WOULD/COULD have influenced a jury.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
So who's "Kitty" then?
Hmmmm?
I haven't a clue..is She/He a leaver or remainer in the Brexit debacle?...must be one or the other as Brexit seems to creep into every thread on here sooner or later
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
So who's "Kitty" then?
Hmmmm?
ruthio, It could be his cat? Why not google it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:59 AM

I'm pleased for Cliff but the damage it's done to his life and career is unrepairable, the stress has put years on the bloke, and instead of him being remembered for his music, he will always now be remembered for the accusations (No smoke without fire) was he? or wasn't he? And his battle with the Beeb.

If the police had sufficient evidence to search his home it should have been done discretely, and only released to the media when enough evidence had been found to charge the man.
Even then, would the media's reporting influenced the court's decision or public opinion. Let's face it, the vigilantes among us would have had him burnt at the stake based on the police's interest....And there are still those that would....

But it's not Cliff I worry about, it's the bloke on the street who doesn't have Cliffs money or influence, and there are quite a few (even celebrities) who suffered 'Trial by Media' when they were found to be innocent, and went on to suffer a fate worse than death....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I haven't a clue..is She/He a leaver or remainer in the Brexit debacle?...must be one or the other as Brexit seems to creep into every thread on here sooner or later
I've no idea May!

All I do know is that Kitty was (allegedly) Cliff's Elm House nickname.
If you google any combinations of Cliff Richard/ Elm House/ Kitty there's a MASS of information out there.
Is it all invention?
Why?

When the authorities say there's insufficient evidence most people smell a rat.

But I agree with Foxy too...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 11:23 AM

Even if we never know the whole truth, I still think they shouldn't have broadcast his house raid at the time, that is what I disagree with.
And it's utter rubbish saying it was "in the public interest" IMO, it was in the BBC's OWN interest!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top