Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Re: Why ?

Our accountant is in Coin so we go there a couple of times a year

I've been to the valley its still a bit scary I think Hitler still lives there
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

It's all very strange....there are two guy's that own it...Freddy, who lives in one of the big beach villas at Cabo and another guy who lives in Nicaragua.

Freddy is Austrian.

They inherited it.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 04:25 PM

Austrian inherited from his uncle Adolf no doubt
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 12:18 PM

Well...i didn`t pinch any apples, or anything...But, as i was just drifting around somewhat aimlessly at the time..they thought that it would be a simply spiffing idea to "arrange'' for me to disappear to one of the former colonies for a specified period of time.
The specified period of time came...and went. And, now it has gone full circle...so to speak. Never went back to re-settle among England`s green fields..But...i have been back for a few temporary stays. Emphasis being on the word ''temporary''...!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

I have ridden through there I agree it's a bit spooky .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have ridden through there I agree it's a bit spooky .
You want to try staying there....the nights bring strange noises with them.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-04-2017, 02:08 PM

This is Freddy's(owner of Barranco Blanco) property, at the bottom of the valley.

2000 trees imported fromn South America.
3 swimming pools.
5 natural pools running off the river.

A pretty special place.

gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

26-08-2019, 12:17 AM

I know this is an old thread but it one that is very relevant to our current events (Aug 19). I left the UK in late 2014 and it was a mix of push and pull. We already had a small holiday house in a lovely village in SW France. That was the pull. It is (for me) simply delightful here. We could get pets (not sensible in a London flat when we both traveled with work). We could be back in a rural place and quiet and a bit of time. That’s the pull. That and the food and wine.
The push was England and London and work. The dreadful commuting. The pressure of work. Succeed or sacked. The cost. The harshness and lack of humanity.
Maybe I could have found the same in Scotland. Well, not the wine. But here we found so many new friends. We found thriving communities that welcomed us.
I go back to London for work. It is dreadful. Homelessness. The sheer numbers. The UK has lost its decency. It’s becoming a sad place. The wealth disparity is obscene. The misplaced anger is awful. The division is probably unsolvable.
I’m going to apply for citizenship here when I can. I’m not pushed anymore. Although the push is harder than ever. I’m pulled.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by gascony ->
I know this is an old thread but it one that is very relevant to our current events (Aug 19). I left the UK in late 2014 and it was a mix of push and pull. We already had a small holiday house in a lovely village in SW France. That was the pull. It is (for me) simply delightful here. We could get pets (not sensible in a London flat when we both traveled with work). We could be back in a rural place and quiet and a bit of time. That’s the pull. That and the food and wine.
The push was England and London and work. The dreadful commuting. The pressure of work. Succeed or sacked. The cost. The harshness and lack of humanity.
Maybe I could have found the same in Scotland. Well, not the wine. But here we found so many new friends. We found thriving communities that welcomed us.
I go back to London for work. It is dreadful. Homelessness. The sheer numbers. The UK has lost its decency. It’s becoming a sad place. The wealth disparity is obscene. The misplaced anger is awful. The division is probably unsolvable.
I’m going to apply for citizenship here when I can. I’m not pushed anymore. Although the push is harder than ever. I’m pulled.

You should be very content then Gasconny?
Why do you worry so about us??

Regards Donkeyman!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 10:39 PM

Because my parents did.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top