Join for free
Page 119 of 276 « First < 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 08:52 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Pleased to hear you’re home and seem to be feeling more positive Ffosse.

It’s been a bit cooler here today and we’ve been to Scarborough for the day. It’s months since I went there shopping and couldn’t manage all the shops this time but it was nice to have lunch there and a bit of a wander.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Glad you had a trip to Scarborough, Val J - not been there in many years but from what I recall I really liked it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:37 AM

Hello Dreamy and Val.
I am able to read back now I am home.

Dreamy I have always said you would be welcome at my home, we have a spare room. I think you would find the journey a little too much. But see how you feel. X
I'm glad you are home, try and rest my lovely friend. It was all getting you down.
Seeing your psychiatrist should help.

Val I am glad you had a break, I don't think I have been to Scarborough.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:42 AM

Yes, the journey would be too much for me, also the fact that I am wedded to the health system up here - they've got all my information and know about me. One day though - it would be lovely and I enjoy that part of England.

I did manage my usual trip of GP's, chemist, deli and then home. Had to stop again, but not on the way there so maybe I'm improving but I feel knackered.

Today I'm going to watch Wimbledon and sort through all the recordings of films, documentaries etc. that I haven't gotten round to watching yet. The TVs in the hospital are so small that you can't see the ball in either tennis or football. There is a big TV room I sometimes made use of when I could.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:50 AM

I was thinking about taking a few days and coming to visit you Dreamy.
I will check flights later.
I like Edinburgh, it would be easier for me to visit you. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-07-2018, 11:56 AM

You'd be most welcome - I have two spare bedrooms up stairs although they are totally bare apart from the bed, dresser and wardrobe.

I've had a friend from Dundee stay with me for a week before and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. If you were to visit me today, though, I think you may come down with something. I've still got a couple of infections going. Not that I would expect you to. Perhaps later in the Summer or Autumn?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-07-2018, 12:12 PM

Dreamy I would not intrude, I would stay nearby. I also know it is your Birthday on the 23rd.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-07-2018, 12:16 PM

Yes, which I'll probably still be in hospital for.

I remember my 50th in hospital although I was totally out of it with delirium. I got a chocolate gateaux and a strawberry one - made in the hospital kitchens, too. One good thing about the Western General is that they do all their own cooking. They could easily have bought a shop-bought gateaux. The leftovers were shared amongst other patients and staff.

I also had my first chemo session on that day, and it was the first time I was sick. I've learned from that never to eat when getting chemo, although a small coffee is OK.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-07-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, which I'll probably still be in hospital for.

I remember my 50th in hospital although I was totally out of it with delirium. I got a chocolate gateaux and a strawberry one - made in the hospital kitchens, too. One good thing about the Western General is that they do all their own cooking. They could easily have bought a shop-bought gateaux.

Yes I remember.
I don't forget much. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-07-2018, 12:21 PM

I'm watching GPs behind closed doors...I had heard of it before but never seen it. It's quite good at showing patients but also giving an overview of how a practice operates.

Page 119 of 276 « First < 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top