Join for free
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:16 AM

Potato Salad and Coleslaw

How many of you make your own?

I don't I always buy the tubs at the Supermarket, I don't know why because its very easy to make.

I think I will start making my own, as these tubs cost 90p each and its all full of rubbish.

What do you put in yours?

Coleslaw:

Cabbage, Carrots, Celery, Apple, S&P, Mayonnise?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:10 PM

Re: Potato Salad and Coleslaw

It's good to make your own, but sometimes it's nice to be lazy!

I always add grated carrots and tiny bits of celery to bought coleslaw, it's a good way to get my son to eat carrots!!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:53 PM

I made a couple of pounds of potato salad and coleslaw yesterday for a party. Much cheaper and tastier then buying when you need those amounts

With coleslaw , I only ever make it with cabbage and carrot, adding onions, or other bits can sour it very quickly. I just use mayo, lidls Kania range is very good, I had lots of complements on my potato salad last night

For that I use a good waxy potato, was markies used last night, and fine chopped white onions. I prefer white onions to either red or scallions as they have a much stronger flavour
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 01:05 PM

Kids and friends enjoy my cole slaw , I'd never ever ever buy it .

White cabbage finely chopped
Red onion finely chopped
Lots of grated carrots
Crushed fresh garlic
Low fat mayonnaise

Don't use lots of mayo , a bit of salt and pepper . It's really nice
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Thank you all, it sounds exactly would I would do, so at the moment I already have coleslaw in the fridge for next week, but I will make my own Potato Salad, my ingrediants are:

Cooked cubed potatoes with skin on.
small amount of diced onions.
Salt & Pepper.
Bits of fresh Parsley.
Mayonnaise.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top