Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 03:36 AM

Re: anxiety attacks

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Why are you so set against meds ?

The med I mentioned does not make you high. It's just like taking an aspirin. I guarantee you will not feel "drugged". In fact a cup of tea will have more effect than Clonazepam. It just stops the panic attacks.
Hi

All that glitters is not gold.

Clonazepam is not licensed for use here in the UK in the same way that it is in the US.

It does have side effects in some people.

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/clonazepam.html

My son was on it for a short while because of his epilepsy, it did cause him some issues.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm really fed up at the moment because for some reason I have just had another anxiety attack. I had one not long ago in a London theatre when I went to see Les Mis.

I have no idea why this is happening and I'm trying my best to control them as I am loathe to go on medication for them again if I can help it.

Tonight all I was doing was walking round the supermarket doing my shopping when it hit. I've been home an hour now and I'm still slightly anxious and I hate it.

I suffered with them many years ago and then again after my mum and sister died but they eventually went away.

I have no clue what has triggered these latest episodes and i just wish they would stop.

If you have them what do you do to help you get through them, I do know it will pass but all the same whilst its here it is horrible
Lion, I get them also.

What are your symptoms?

I will log in tomorrow and tell you about mine. It is midnight here and I have to go to bed now.....

Panic attacks are terrible......
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 06:04 AM

I was having panic attacks for a while and have ended up on Beta Blockers (Propranolol). Initially I was taking 20mg per day (1 x 10mg, twice a day) but have now cut it back so I only take 1 x 5mg once a day in the mornings.

When the problem first arose I was having proper panic attacks but that was because I didn't know what was happening to me and panicked as a consequence. These days I don't have what I call "proper" attacks but I still get symptoms. My symptoms are dizziness and I feel like my arms and legs are shaking. When that happens I take 5mg Propranolol and the symptoms go away.

Doc says it's all anxiety and stress with possibly a touch of hormone imbalance. I have cut out virtually all caffeine which has helped.

I do get shaky and nervous when I have to go anywhere and also if I have a shock or scare. Certain situations can cause it as well. It's almost like there's 2 of me, one in my head where everything's fine and the other in my body giving me physical symptoms.

I don't like being on the meds but I'll be buggered if it's going to get the better of me or disrupt my life any more than it already has.

One way I've found of dealing with an imminent attack is to walk around so I use the excess adrenaline that's being produced.

I have been offered counselling as in "Talking Therapies" but haven't done anything about that yet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:02 AM

I have only ever had one panic attack, no idea why it happened or what caused it and it hasn't happened since. It's a terrible feeling as though your body and mind is rapidly closing down to die.

It is possibly hereditary because I remember my Granddad often used to get a 'terrible feeling' and sort of go into a trance for a few minutes although I don't think the term panic attack was around then.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 08:31 AM

I think fear is the most overwhelming aspect of an anxiety attack .
Fear of living dying almost anything .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:24 AM

They sound awful I wish I had some really good pertinent advice but apart from possible talking therapy that I mentioned in a previous thread I'm not much use.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:29 AM

Strangely, the feeling is similar to certain sleep disorders. Maybe there is a connection?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A rubber band on your wrist, flick it when you feel one coming on.

heh you seen that on doc martin didn't ya?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 10:39 AM

Heh - just sit still and follow my finger - you are the Lion Queen - now say after me:

:I am ; I AM the Lion Queen - and I am strong and resilient and not afraid - I can deal with all setback!

got it something like that - after all on here you ARE the Lion Queen and that is a pretty powerful diety - just set up a mantra for yourself about you being strong and being the Lion Queen.

My bill is in the mail!! heh I'm not joking!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:49 PM

I'm on diazepam 30mg a day and have been for some time now. I suppose that by now addiction has set in but at least it's medically controlled.

Had panic attacks off and on since I was 19 in 1986 - that's a long time now. They come and go in their severity but I've had fewer since I got cancer. I think that's because my mind and body have so many other things to process. Same with depression - I'm prone to it but haven't had a severe bout for a couple of years.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top