Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 01:37 AM

An evening out in Bristol with Film stars

Outside the church of Saint Mary Redcliffe. Locally this would be pronounced as one word. Ssssmaryredcliffe.

From the previous Gromit Unleashed, across the water.

Down in Zumerzet.

The Lion Gromit

Isambard Kingdom Fruitcake. Sorry about the legs

Aardman Animations studio. Through the windows, hence the poor quality.

Gromit.

Morph.

Oh Bollards!

Nearby is Banksy's, The Girl with the Pearl Earring. The earing is a wall mounted bunglar alarm.

Dockside cranes.

Steam crane, still operational.

GWR Guards Van.

The posh part of the docks. Not many of us could afford to live by here.

Brizzle docks and SS GB.

Underfall Yard, a working boatyard that can be visited for free by Joe and Josephine public. The large building in the background is a former bonded warehouse, now a self storage unit.

A Gromit on Park Street.

Long John Wallace, not far from a pub called the Llandoger Trow, which is allegedly where a Mr Stevenson wrote Treasure Island.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 06:55 AM

Re: An evening out in Bristol with Film stars

I visited that there pub in 2000 when I returned as the prodigal - but I guess Bristol has vastly improved since then? - I then drove from there right through the county - straight thru its borders and through some more borders I think before arriving on the outskirts of Hampshire - miserably lot of twots they were!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:55 AM

Great photos, Fruitcake. Reminds me of the ones Nom shared with us a while ago of the 'Snowdogs' in Newcastle.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 10:36 AM

Yes very much the same as the Snowdogs we had for a Charity organisation,
i suspect your`s are the same.

I spent weeks trying to photograph them all. This was the Lindisfarne Snowdog with an added friend.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 02:28 PM

I love the Gromit dogs & the others. Will they auction them off when the time comes? Do you know, Fruitcake?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I love the Gromit dogs & the others. Will they auction them off when the time comes? Do you know, Fruitcake?
I'm not sure, but a load were sold off last time, which is how the one "across the water" ended up on a ferry boat. I imagine at least some will be sold this year as well to raise money for charity.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 06:48 PM

Very nice photos Fruitcake

As someone who was born and bred in Bristol I can assure you I have never heard anyone pronounce the wonderful Church of St Mary Redcliffe "Ssssmaryredcliffe" or anyone saying "Brizzle" ..... but maybe it is the Somerset yokel slang

More than 65 sculptures will be raising money this year for Bristol Children's Hospital and the Special Care Baby Unit and since the Grommit appeal began in 2013, over £6 million has been raised for the hospitals.

The sculptures are usually auctioned off at the end of the season.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I'm not sure, but a load were sold off last time, which is how the one "across the water" ended up on a ferry boat. I imagine at least some will be sold this year as well to raise money for charity.
My ex boss bought an Otter, though I have no idea where that was originally.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top