Join for free
Page 15 of 26 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 05:38 PM

Re: Boris Johnson resigns.

Originally Posted by Missy ->
We can blame David Cameron for this balls up.

He was so desperate to win with a majority he offered the referendum without thinking it out, thinking we wouldn’t go for it

But we did

And is it really our fault that our elected government weren’t prepared for a Brexit. They fed both camps so much misinformation in the hope that they would get a remain vote but it never happened. Cameron bailed right away. He knew this was going to be a big balls up and it really is

However the bigger the balls up the more I want a hard brexit. No deal is sounding better then a bad deal from where I’m sitting because all I can see is how Brussels is still calling the tune and for me it was about leaving their control
Hi

We have been offered a Canada style deal, a basic free trade, we have refused this as being a bad deal.

The logic defeats me, this is exactly the same type of deal we are seeking with others when we leave.

I wish someone could explain to me why we should not just accept this and concentrate on leaving as soon as possible.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Sovereignty puts food on the table does it?
Nope, but hard work without whining every 5 mins does.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have been offered a Canada style deal, a basic free trade, we have refused this as being a bad deal.

The logic defeats me, this is exactly the same type of deal we are seeking with others when we leave.

I wish someone could explain to me why we should not just accept this and concentrate on leaving as soon as possible.

Perhaps because our divorce lawyer never wanted brexit in the first place so is muddying the waters so much , another referendum on where we are might get called and the whole thing gets called off
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 07:02 PM

We can blame David Cameron for this balls up.

He was so desperate to win with a majority he offered the referendum without thinking it out, thinking we wouldn’t go for it

But we did

And is it really our fault that our elected government weren’t prepared for a Brexit. They fed both camps so much misinformation in the hope that they would get a remain vote but it never happened. Cameron bailed right away. He knew this was going to be a big balls up and it really is

However the bigger the balls up the more I want a hard brexit. No deal is sounding better then a bad deal from where I’m sitting because all I can see is how Brussels is still calling the tune and for me it was about leaving their control
That is perfectly true, and I'm sure Cameron ran away for that reason.

I agree, too, that the EU is calling all the shots. In fact, whatever Remainer May offers them, they refuse point blank. That's OK by me. It is the silly woman who keeps on giving more and more in the hope of acceptance, and I hope that when she attempts to give away her latest bright idea they refuse that too.

It is all about freedom to do what we want. When we are out we can do what we want; we can offer deals with anyone we want. If they refuse, we continue to trade under WTO rules. However, I believe it will be in both our interest and that of other nations to trade under mutually beneficial agreements. Why should they not?

Many have also predicted that within a few years, perhaps a decade or less, the EU will begin to collapse when EU nations see us trading successfully without the interminable rules and restrictions applied by Brussels.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 07:08 PM

Perhaps because our divorce lawyer never wanted brexit in the first place so is muddying the waters so much , another referendum on where we are might get called and the whole thing gets called off
Obviously, I have heard about the Canada-style deal, but is it really what we want? Would what is good for Canada (and the EU) be good for us?

"The lack of obligations on Canada in return for EU market access has made a CETA-style relationship attractive to some Brexiteers, as it would respect campaign promises to end large sums of money being sent to Brussels and allow greater controls on EU immigration.

But, critics have pointed out such an agreement would not offer the same level of access to EU markets for UK companies - especially in the dominant services sector - as currently enjoyed under Britain's membership of the single market and customs union."

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-wh...-deal-11096397
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barry
Yes they need to carry out the majority mandate but they still have a duty to consider everyone, not just us leavers. I agree we voted to leave but how we leave is, and always was, going to be a balancing act that has to take into account not just our wishes but the needs of the country as a whole. Because the remainers lost doesn't take away their rights as citizens, who still have every right to have their say on the process even if we think they are wrong. Such is democracy.
This is nuts.

If the Tories win the next General Election are you saying that the wants and desires of those that voted Labour should somehow be taken into account? Should there be some kind of shared Prime Ministership because we have to consider those that lost the election?

Just nuts.

Democracy says the majority wins. Leave won, therefore we leave, no if's, no but's, no wishy washy half deal nonsense. We MUST leave plain and simple and that quite clearly means no longer being under the control of the EU or the ECJ in any shape or form.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-07-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is nuts.

If the Tories win the next General Election are you saying that the wants and desires of those that voted Labour should somehow be taken into account? Should there be some kind of shared Prime Ministership because we have to consider those that lost the election?

Just nuts.

Democracy says the majority wins. Leave won, therefore we leave, no if's, no but's, no wishy washy half deal nonsense. We MUST leave plain and simple and that quite clearly means no longer being under the control of the EU or the ECJ in any shape or form.
Exactly, but try telling that to Remainer May.

Her philosophy is to keep everyone happy.

What she is achieving is keeping no-one happy.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 07:30 PM

May is just doing what her EU masters tell her to do. It's all a side show
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
May is just doing what her EU masters tell her to do. It's all a side show
Absolute rubbish!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-07-2018, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Absolute rubbish!
She has no intention of delivering BrExit

She has dillied and dallied to buy time for the EU propaganda machine to go into overdrive in the media and social media so that when the Great BrExit Fudge is implemented, there will be less angry people.

They all belong to the great pyramid of power and do as they are told.

Page 15 of 26 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top