Join for free
Page 23 of 26 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 05:30 PM

Re: Boris Johnson resigns.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If the EU wants to say ruin our British sausages by imposing an EU directive that says no more than 35% pork can be used (oh yes, go Google that one!), then it's clearly important to the UK but to the rest of Europe, who gives a crap about what goes in UK sausages?
SAUSAGES to the Realist
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 05:37 PM

It's not a myth at all Ruthio. Scroll back a couple of pages and you will see the links to the EU directives that state bananas nust NOT have abnormal curvature.

There's also a diretcive on cucumbers and how straight they must be.

Whole thing is ridiculous
Realist sir......you can have all my bananas with abnormal curvature based on the fact they are abnormal ?

Cucumber Myth.......read it and weep.

Whole thing is ridiculous..............who said that ?
Bruv
Kent UK

11-07-2018, 05:44 PM

"Britain is outvoted more often than any other country. Between 2009 and 2015, Britain was on the losing side of 12 per cent of QMV decisions. By contrast, France was on the losing side of less than 1 per cent of votes. The areas where Britain was most often outvoted included the EU budget and EU foreign and security policy"
In the EU, Britain is outvoted more than any other country, according to Boris Johnson, who believes the country will have the same influence outside the bloc.

According to fact-checking organisation Full Fact, Britain is outvoted more than any other EU country, but it still doesn’t happen very often.

Official EU voting records show that the British government has voted ‘No’ to laws passed at EU level on 56 occasions, abstained 70 times, and voted ‘Yes’ 2,466 times since 1999.

In other words, UK ministers were on the “winning side” 95% of the time, abstained 3% of the time, and were on the losing side 2%.

UK's Influence in the EU Council of Ministers
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong Ruth darlin'!!! - ever since Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) signed us up to the Single European Treaty Act, every piece of EU legislation is deemed accepted by our National parliament and automatically incorporated into our domestic legislation.
Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If it's wrong you'll have to take it up with http://www.europarl.europa.eu/united...edia/euromyths
It's not a myth at all Ruthio. Scroll back a couple of pages and you will see the links to the EU directives that state bananas nust NOT have abnormal curvature.

OK OK so I'm wrong!!

I'm simply putting up links, the grade1 and grade2 rules made perfect sense to me, grade2 bananas being acceptable any old shape whatsoever.

But whatever you say
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
OK OK so I'm wrong!!

I'm simply putting up links, the grade1 and grade2 rules made perfect sense to me, grade2 bananas being acceptable any old shape whatsoever.

But whatever you say
The nasty old EU says you have to be precise.
Write this out one thousand times and present yourself in my study by 9 am tomorrow.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:48 PM

Ooeer Purry I never knew you had a wicked kinky streak.

(Creeps off to miss the incoming missile back)
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:54 PM

How delicious
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 06:56 PM

Hi

The banana thing.

The regulations relate to green, unripened bananas, the state they come from the growers.

Bananas are commercially grown in some parts of the EU, the vast majority being imported.

The abnormalities of curvature and deformity specifically mentioned are the stems, the bit you do not eat.

This is a sign of disease, which is ravaging the foreign banana crops.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 07:14 PM

Bananas, cucumbers, bollocks (er, not misshaped ones). Who really cares about them, but:

Around the time of the referendum the Telegraph stated that:

"Britain is outvoted more often than any other country. Between 2009 and 2015, Britain was on the losing side of 12 per cent of QMV decisions. By contrast, France was on the losing side of less than 1 per cent of votes. The areas where Britain was most often outvoted included the EU budget and EU foreign and security policy"
I didn't know about this. That is appalling, but somehow doesn't surprise me.

France and Germany seem to be the two countries which control and benefit from the EU most.

I can understand Germany hating us (although I'm sure most ordinary Germans don't, or so I have found), but why does France? What have we ever done to them (other than embarrass them by being better than them*!) and what short memories they have of all the British servicemen who died to save them.

(*Yes, on reflection, this must be it.)
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 07:50 PM

The French probably hate us because we sank their fleet in 1940 when they wanted to surrender to the Germans. Their Admirals weren't to pleased with us.
That plus we're better than them at Rugby

Page 23 of 26 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top