Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Re: Past Lives

How can you conclude that there is a natural explanation for these events?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
How can you conclude that there is a natural explanation for these events?
I think science will find an explanation one day, even if it hasn't up to now. Some of the things we take for granted today would have been considered supernatural in the past.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Now I just read through this thread.
I have had a recurring dream since I was a child.
I know my Mother died giving birth to me in that dream. I have grown up in that dream. I know exactly where I lived in London, and I am the only child in that dream. It is set in Victorian times. It is so vivid, I know all my clothes, my name, and my Father. I think it is memories from a past life, as I have no other explanation for it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Now I just read through this thread.
I have had a recurring dream since I was a child.
I know my Mother died giving birth to me in that dream. I have grown up in that dream. I know exactly where I lived in London, and I am the only child in that dream. It is set in Victorian times. It is so vivid, I know all my clothes, my name, and my Father. I think it is memories from a past life, as I have no other explanation for it.

Someone's been watching the "Duchess of Duke Street" Sweetie darlin' - haven't they???
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Someone's been watching the "Duchess of Duke Street" Sweetie darlin' - haven't they???
Never seen it.
But you could be right about getting dreams mixed up with TV stuff Joe.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:48 PM

If I was ever here before, I was from India. Every time I see something on TV about India, I seem to know what it is all about.

I feel the music, understand the dancing. I get this strong sensation, that I was at a lot of the places in India...at some time. I have lived with this for most of my adult life, but have never really understood any of it.

I don't get this "feeling" with any other Country. Just India, and as a little girl on the farm, I was so close to the cows....and cows in India are worshiped.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
If I was ever here before, I was from India. Every time I see something on TV about India, I seem to know what it is all about.

I feel the music, understand the dancing. I get this strong sensation, that I was at a lot of the places in India...at some time. I have lived with this for most of my adult life, but have never really understood any of it.

I don't get this "feeling" with any other Country. Just India, and as a little girl on the farm, I was so close to the cows....and cows in India are worshiped.
I dont know if I have been here before but when they show sunken ships lying on the sea bed I get that "feeling" too Wild Blueberry. Maybe its because in a past life I was a sailor whose ship sank, but I do go very cold and want to look away when I see the wrecks.

This reincarnation theory is very interesting and I found the talk given on YouTube quite fascinating, but they way our bodies and minds reacts to situations could be down to other deeper reasons.

Thank you to all who replied anyway.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:56 AM

The most compelling 'reincarnation' story I have ever come across is this one:-

"Yesterday's Children' by Jenny Cockell.

From the age of four she believed that her previous name was Mary, that she had lived in Malahide - even drew an accurate map, although she had never, in this life, been to Ireland, and that she had children.

Jenny not only believed she had been here before but actually found living, albeit elderly, relatives from that time and claimed them as her children. Even more incredible - they accepted her.

Philip Schofield interviewed her - and them - on a TV programme (Stranger than Fiction?), it caused quite a sensation at the time and was after seeing that I bought her book.

Naturally Hollywood reared it's ugly head, made a film with the same title, and made a total pigs ear of the thing. Don't watch it - it is trash!

Do I believe in reincarnation? Well - I didn't - now I am more open minded.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-07-2018, 09:47 AM

I missed that Tabby.
I would have loved to have seen it.
I have seen many programs similar.
I remember my name in my dreams.
I could look on the old census returns.
How bizarre if my dreams were past life memories!!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=Silver Tabby;1460774]The most compelling 'reincarnation' story I have ever come across is this one:-

"Yesterday's Children' by Jenny Cockell.

From the age of four she believed that her previous name was Mary, that she had lived in Malahide - even drew an accurate map, although she had never, in this life, been to Ireland, and that she had children.

Jenny not only believed she had been here before but actually found living, albeit elderly, relatives from that time and claimed them as her children. Even more incredible - they accepted her.

Yes I read her book too ,I do believe her . It was compelling , she knew her adult children deeply . I'm a believer anyway .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top