Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Yahoo Mail Unsupported Browser Message

I just logged onto my e-mail and that's what it said.
That the new Yahoo mail will no longer support my browser ... which is IE 11.

It said something about getting Firefox or Chrome ... , which I didn't read properly.

So which would folk recommend
Firefox or Chrome?

I'm an old diehard single browser person and haven't a clue about different browsers?
Can you run two browsers?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:09 PM

Re: Yahoo Mail Unsupported Browser Message

Hi

I am useless with techie stuff, but find Chrome really easy to use.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:11 PM

Easy .... yep, I like that word.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:13 PM

Or firefox.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/

Theres a help button on this page have a looksee.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:33 PM

Morticia, I have the same message come up as well, and I haven't got a clue what it means.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:37 PM

I use Firefox and Yahoo mail and have no problems at all. I like Firefox and prefer it to Safari on my Mac.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

It said something about getting Firefox or Chrome ... , which I didn't read properly.

Firefox or Chrome?

I'm an old diehard single browser person and haven't a clue about different browsers?
I had a few problems with IE Morty, they seem to change it every so often and then not everything works like it used to. I chose Google Chrome and have been using it for a few years now and am glad to report no problems so far. It's the only browser I use so I can't speak for any of the others. Chrome will just take time to get used to....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Firefox or Chrome?

Yes you can.

I downloaded Chrome after much angsting and it can be run alongside IE. I was fed up with just seeing black boxes on the music threads. The only trouble with Chrome is that I get the feeling it wants to control my life so you have to watch out for the privacy settings. Also, its spell check is American so it questions almost every word.

You open IE as normal and Chrome appears along the bottom of the screen.

Although I can still run IE, it seems much slower than it used to be. I think Chrome beats the cr@p out of it at night.

Apart from that it does have some good features.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:49 PM

I prefer Firefox but chrome is pretty good and is easier for those that aren't computer savvy, it does everything for you
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes you can.

I downloaded Chrome after much angsting and it can be run alongside IE. I was fed up with just seeing black boxes on the music threads. The only trouble with Chrome is that I get the feeling it wants to control my life so you have to watch out for the privacy settings. Also, its spell check is American so it questions almost every word.

You open IE as normal and Chrome appears along the bottom of the screen.

Although I can still run IE, it seems much slower than it used to be. I think Chrome beats the cr@p out of it at night.

Apart from that it does have some good features.
The spell checker on Chrome can be changed to UK English.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top