Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 12:27 PM

Where do you watch the football?

Today it's England v. Sweden of course for a place in the quarter finals and most people will be watching the match if they can. Those that don't want to, this thread is not for you

I was intending to watch this one indoors at home initially, but with all the build-up and the atmosphere of viewing this game in a pub, that is where I shall be residing this afternoon.

Where do you watch the games?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 12:31 PM

Re: Where do you watch the football?

I will be sat in my comfy chair, feet up on the poufee, watching the television and being waited on with chilled drinks (not alcoholic) by my dear husband at the expense of him missing parts of the game in doing so!

Also keeping an eye on my iPad to see what you lot are up to

Heaven!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 12:31 PM

I will be watching at home as usual, with the fan on. A bit of crap scheduling at Wimbledon means that the Kyle Edmund v Djokovic match will probably be on at the same time but I think football will win the day.

Enjoy your afternoon in the pub Floydy.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 12:32 PM

I don't, cannot abide the game...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Not even a little peek Barry if it goes to penalties?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I will be watching at home as usual, with the fan on. A bit of crap scheduling at Wimbledon means that the Kyle Edmund v Djokovic match will probably be on at the same time but I think football will win the day.

I will keep Wimbledon logged in on my iPad and check it regularly to see how Kyle is getting on
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Will do mate, thanks. Let's hope for a win - and if they do I'm seriously hoping Wednesday's next match is in the afternoon, otheriwse it will be a tight call for getting to work on time!

Barry, I'm with you generally. I despise football as a rule being from a city with two top class rugby league teams and a football squad who don't have any money to get anywhere concrete, but I'm watching now because England have the nation in its grip. It is exciting when you start to watch it, honestly!
Each to their own. Some people like golf and crickets which bore the pants off me.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Will do mate, thanks. Let's hope for a win - and if they do I'm seriously hoping Wednesday's next match is in the afternoon, otheriwse it will be a tight call for getting to work on time!

Barry, I'm with you generally. I despise football as a rule being from a city with two top class rugby league teams and a football squad who don't have any money to get anywhere concrete, but I'm watching now because England have the nation in its grip. It is exciting when you start to watch it, honestly!
Each to their own. Some people like golf and crickets which bore the pants off me.
It's not just the game but the inane hysteria that goes with it, you really couldn't pay me enough to sit through even a minute of it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

07-07-2018, 12:46 PM

Not even a little peek Barry if it goes to penalties?
How would I know it was going to penalties if I'm not watching it?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-07-2018, 01:03 PM

How would I know it was going to penalties if I'm not watching it?
We will PM you

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top