Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:24 AM

Re: Garlic

I shall be getting the garluic press out tonight. I’ve got sticky pork ribs accompanied by corn on the cob for dinner tonight. All prepared in the Digital pressure cooker.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is correct. Anything stored in oils is a risk for botulism at some point. Storing in vinegars is the foolproof way to preserve but of course that produces pickles.

Have to say though, pickled garlic cloves are incredibly tasty and moorish. I also very much love those large green olives stuffed with pickled garlic cloves. Yum.
Hi

Easy way to avoid botulism, add 10% Lemon Juice to the Oil, lowers the pH enough to avoid any problems.

I bow to others on here with their knowledge of things.

I am confident in my assessment of Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Risks, including Botulism, they were a large part of my life during the Cold War.

The basic science however remains the same.

We have gone OTT on many things, yet have ignored the basics.

We have dismantled 95% of our Defensive capability against such attacks, thus allowing idiots like ISIS to become a major threat to us.

Our Politicians are incredibly stupid.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:57 AM

I love garlic so much . Usually when boiling potatoes I throw a few cloves of garlic. Delish
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Braver than me Pauline, ever use our own Ransoms Garlic which adds a heady scent to our springtime woodlands.
Oh yes, Nom, and a lovely flavour it has too!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I love garlic,i use it in,almost everything, apart from puddings, i never stick to a recipe, if they say,2 garlic cloves,i put in 6,..i have just made a pepperoni pizza,whith a garlic mayonnaise dip.
Me too - I love garlic.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 11:54 PM

I love garlic too and have some growing at the moment.

My family’s favourite is sticking cloves of garlic in a large Camembert cheese. Bake it in its box in the oven, until the centre has melted, then dip nice chunks of crusty bread in it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 07:26 AM

Another garlic freak here...I understand it wards off vampires too...must be true cause I have never met one

I'm surrounded by wild garlic, that's delicious in salads .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 02:53 PM

The last time i bought real garlic cloves they sprouted due to lack of use.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top