Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Re: F1, boring?

I don't watch any sports on TV except a marathon on the rare occasion that they're televised, and our Kentucky Derby.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 07:07 PM

I'm going to creep in here and say I love watching Formula 1

Hamilton did well coming 4th after starting 10th on the grid.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

11-07-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm going to creep in here and say I love watching Formula 1
Hamilton did well coming 4th after starting 10th on the grid.
No need to feel bad about admitting you like it Mags, it would be sad if we all felt the same way about every thing.

I used to be a bit of a fan of it but that was when they did the unthinkable nowadays, actually race each other and mean it.
I have followed motorcycle sport for a long time, from the old grasstrack and trials days to Superbikes and MotoGP.

Somehow the bike racing still retains the competition, you only have to see the three Repsol Honda riders going at it to see that.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 11:12 PM

That's very true Hammer, it's not the individual driver they want to win, it's their team It does tend to spoil the races.

I've never watched Motor Cycle racing live but I can imagine how competitive that must be ..... how they go round bends with the bikes almost horizontal and their knee almost scraping the ground is amazing!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2011, 07:25 AM

I love to watch most racing and look for the tactics that teams use although since Ron Dennis left McClaren have been useless with their tactics, they have lost Hamilton more races than he has won, but the one 'non-entity' start to any race is Yachting, the gun goes of and the boats,,,,,,, just carry on at the same pace.

This years Tour de France has been very exciting at times but like Cavendish, I think the bully boy tactics are coming to the front more than they used to.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2011, 08:16 PM

I lost interest in F1 quite a while back, seems like the chances of a British title winner are on a par with Tennis! This time of the year I would sooner be outside anyway, weather permitting of course
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

29-07-2011, 12:45 PM

I hear that F1 coverage next season is to be shared between the BBC and Sky with the latter company taking the lions share.
My personal feelings on F1 have not changed and I will not miss F1 on the BBC or Sky as I am not a subscriber.

The F1 circus ceased to be a true competitive sport a long time ago and it now is down to the cartel who determine the results, true racing does not enter into it.

Those of us who enjoy MotoGP - a real sport - have had to suffer at the hands of the BBC for years, the coverage is only on as a filler for other programmes and invariably gets shunted off somewhere unlisted or on the 'red button' if one has that facility.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Oh Joy! Thank you SKY! There's not that much good you can say about SKY at the moment, but if they've took that travesty, that is F1 off the Beebs hands, then on behalf of all Licence Payers, Muchos Gracias!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 05:00 PM

I'll echo that John, and while the BBC is shedding baggage could they not throw in the Snooker at a bargain price, I used to love watching the Snooker when the players had personality not like the new lot of frosty faced dummies the have on now, not a smile out of any of 'em.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

29-07-2011, 05:48 PM

Never fear, the bloated BBC will probably find slots for their partially out of work F1 presenters somewhere.

They could turn up almost anywhere from 'I was that cricket bat' to 'Can blue men sing the whites?'

On a serious note, can someone please explain why it is still a requirement to have so many 'pundits' to cover any sporting happening. The MOTD team beggar belief especially for a highlights show.
The Olympics will be a nightmare for anyone who loathes sport, it is bad enough now and we have a year to wait yet.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top