Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 08:38 PM

Wimbledon 2012

Here we are again...Wimbledon So who is watching?
I am, and loving it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 09:45 PM

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Here we are again...Wimbledon So who is watching?
I am, and loving it.
I am!!!

Good to see the top 5 male seeds safely through ....... I thought Andy Murray played a lot better than he had in the French Open or Queen's. I realise he was far better than his opponent but he did look much stronger now that he was no longer troubled with his back problem.

I don't really get into the women's tennis but it was a shock to see Venus go out in the first round.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 10:32 PM

I don't have time to sit and concentrate

They were saying on the radio this morning that Wimbledon fortnight may be moved so it is held three weeks later to give the players more of a break between big tournaments.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

They were saying on the radio this morning that Wimbledon fortnight may be moved so it is held three weeks later to give the players more of a break between big tournaments.
That would be a sensible move as the French Open, Queen's and Eastbourne followed by Wimbledon are played on consecutive weeks....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 08:57 AM

I love Wimbledon as well. My late uncle was a member of the All England Club as he was junior champion and I have been many times.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 09:05 AM

I'm afraid I don't watch any sport, just not interested... Mrs.PM, however, bodes from Wimbledon and spent much of her childhood there, but even so only watches a few of the highlights. Apparently she lived at the bottom of the hill and couldn't afford a raquet, so she was never invited to join the club....
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 09:43 AM

I love Wimbledon, was watching Murray last night as he dispatched Davadenko in three sets. Was good for Britain yesterday quite a few got through to round two which doesent usually happen.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 04:06 PM

Agreed, it's good to see the top mens seeds through - I can't understand Andy Murray - he mumbles and seems surly, so I'm not keen on him.
The Roger Federer match was good today, he is such a gentleman and gorgeous to boot (sigh)

I read an article recently about the grunting and screaming from players. They (whoever 'they' are) are going to teach up and coming players not to make all that noise when playing. Sharapova's screams seem less noisy this year
The umpires could be given a grunt/scream meter.. and if the decibels go too high..(I'm not sure what they will do)
Way to go, Heather Watson has become the first British woman in a decade to reach the third round at the All England Club
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It does take an awfully long time to watch a tennis match especially the men's matches. Back when it was Bjorn Borg, Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe and co. I used to love watching a great marathon match because the characters were so interesting but it's been a long time since we've had any players worth committing the time to. I don't think I've had any interest in the male players since Boris Becker, and as far as the female players are concerned the Williams sisters were always watchable but I would be hard pressed to name even one of the current seeds.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 10:09 PM

I'm watching too Enjoyed the matches so far, and thought Andy Murray played much better this time round. I turn the sound off when a player is grunting and screaming,-like Sharapova, can be bit annoying at times.

Was a bit of a shock when Venus Williams went out. Can't say the Williams sisters are my favourite players though.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top