Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 11:34 PM

Re: Wimbledon 2012

What a shock Rafael Nadal being beaten by Lukas Rosol this evening! I'd been watching the football when it was switched over to the tennis still being played on the Centre Court. I wish I'd watched the whole match now to see how it all came about. Rosol is ranked 100!

Andy Murray won his match comfortable and would have had to face Nadal if he gets through his next couple of games.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 09:44 AM

Wow what a shock exit for Nadal last night, i was listening to the match whilst sat outside came in once they put the roof on the centre court and watched the last set. Rosol was so focused it was a brilliant set and nice to see someone else come through for a change.
also good news that murray will not now face nadal. We may have a chance this year.
Always live in hope haha
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Rosol was playing his first Wimbledon too! I think he played the better tennis, considering it was a four hour match. Nadal complained a lot too, about the delay drawing the roof, and Rosol taking his serves quickly and the fact that Rosol bounced about between points, saying it distracted him...I know why he complained about about the Czech taking his serves quickly...it didn't give Nadal time to go through his routine of tweaking his pants and tee shirt, touch his nose, pushing his hair over his left ear then touch his nose and do the same with his right ear.

Anyway, when are we going to see some doubles?
And I love to watch the 'oldies' playing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Wow! another nail-biter this evening, I think Federer was really lucky to win his match....... 2 sets to 1 down and then faced with a tie break! I was on the edge of my seat!

Julien Benneteau, ranked 29, played well and almost caused another upset.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

01-07-2012, 02:52 PM

What an exciting match between Murray and Marcos Baghdatis last night! Murray finally won at 11.02pm after three hours and 13 minutes of thrilling tennis and is probable feeling sore today after a tumble and injuring his ankle and knee and suffering from a groin pain. His determination to win during the final set was commendable.

Well done Andy!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 05:07 PM

Sorry Mags but I dislike Murray and wanted Baghdatis to win. Murray has a permanent scowl, whether he wins or loses. I just wish Roger Federer were British! ha ha
You are right Mags, it was an exciting match and another nail-biter.

Looking forward to Mondays play. This Wimbledon has seen some drama!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Sorry Mags but I dislike Murray and wanted Baghdatis to win. Murray has a permanent scowl, whether he wins or loses. I just wish Roger Federer were British! ha ha

A lot of tennis players seem to have a scowl these days, they area morose lot and all that grunting irritates me greatly.

The days of smiling polite tennis player seem to have gone .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

01-07-2012, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->

I agree about Murray's permanent scowl, Janela but I do think he has improved his temperament (almost rudeness) over the years. I just want him to win Wimbledon for us for a change!

Now Roger Federer is the epitome of politeness!

I have to admit my favourite of the top 4 is Rafael Nadal
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 09:27 PM

For the last three nights I've been glued to the tennis last night especially with Andy Murray-riveting stuff..never even switched my laptop on! Hope Andy does well tomorrow....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

01-07-2012, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
For the last three nights I've been glued to the tennis last night especially with Andy Murray-riveting stuff..never even switched my laptop on! Hope Andy does well tomorrow....
I hope he wears a safer pair of shorts tomorrow too!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top