Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 11:01 PM

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope he wears a safer pair of shorts tomorrow too!
Needs a pair with deep pockets Mags Can't remember seeing that happen before!
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope he wears a safer pair of shorts tomorrow too!
His sponsor (Adidas) should drop him like a hot potato. He didn't mention this in the months leading up to Wimbledon?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 09:41 AM

What a thrilling match watching Andy Murray on Saturday night, i have never seen him move so fast when he realised it was getting close to 11 pm and they would have to finish the match on monday.
I must admit when they had a roof put on the centre court i didnt realise that matches would be played that late. Great for me but i wonder what the players make of it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 11:21 AM

I've been really enjoying Wimbledon this year too, at least what I get a chance to see. Pity Nadal was knocked out, and Rosol is gone now too. But I love watching Federer play - he seems to have such style in his play. Though I can't see him going on much longer. Unusual to have so many good matches in the first week.
One thing about tennis, though. Though people seem to be rooting for Andy Murray (can't say I like him much, but he does play well) I don't give a hoot what nationality the winner is. And frankly I'm not too sure that the winner does either. They play for their own glory rather than their nation. I sometimes wonder if the BBC spends too much time showing the lesser British players' matches when there are more exciting ones on?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Sorry Mags but I dislike Murray and wanted Baghdatis to win. Murray has a permanent scowl, whether he wins or loses. I just wish Roger Federer were British! ha ha
You are right Mags, it was an exciting match and another nail-biter.

Looking forward to Mondays play. This Wimbledon has seen some drama!
Sorry Janela but I don't see why you wouldn't support a British player scowl or no scowl. We have had so few tennis champions and he has a real chance of winning or at least getting to the final. A bit of patriotism needed here I feel.

Come on Andy
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 04:36 PM

Erm, is there a reason you think we should support a player just because he's British??? I'd rather support a player because he plays well regardless of his nationality.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Erm, is there a reason you think we should support a player just because he's British??? I'd rather support a player because he plays well regardless of his nationality.
Yes we should support our own countrymen and women definitely but in any case Andy does play well. Just won the first set against Cilic
The Dog Lover
Watford

03-07-2012, 02:22 PM

Andy into the quarter finals
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2012, 02:24 PM

Well done to Andy, he was very strong this afternoon
The Dog Lover
Watford

03-07-2012, 02:32 PM

I was listening to John Mcenroe last night and he reckoned Cilic would not be 100% after his gruelling five setter in the previous round. Good for Andy to have a straight sets win. He now plays either Ferrer or Del Potro who are on Centre Court at the moment.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top