Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 05:34 PM

Ricky Hatton

I read today that Ricky Hatton is making a comeback. My advice would be don't.
I know nothing about boxing, only that he can't possibly be the fighter that he was. And didn't he get knocked out in his last fight? Plus he had a drug problem, will it all go the same way?
Another article said that he had a street fight with his father of 61 years. And he wants to press charges!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 05:42 PM

Re: Ricky Hatton

Oh dear it doesn't sound good, I guess Ricky is thinking of coming back for the money..
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 07:38 PM

I think he is past his prime, too old for the game.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 07:49 PM

Perhaps his father is the best one to make a comeback!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

15-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Perhaps his father is the best one to make a comeback!
He is probably still able to John. In any event Ricky must be quite insane to do it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 08:23 AM

There is nothing pretty about seeing a boxer come out of retirement, which can only be just for the money. He needs to move on and do something else with his life rather than try to revive past glories, which always ends in tears...
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2012, 11:43 AM

I also think that Ricky Hatton should stay retired from boxing but unfortunately the almighty god called money seems to be luring him back when in reality he is just another has been, so sad to see such a good former talent being exposed to ridicule which is what always seems to happen on these occasions.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

17-09-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
I also think that Ricky Hatton should stay retired from boxing but unfortunately the almighty god called money seems to be luring him back when in reality he is just another has been, so sad to see such a good former talent being exposed to ridicule which is what always seems to happen on these occasions.
So true Bob, all the so called 'celebrity' pals who clung to his coattails seem to have also vanished.

The question of his comeback did remind me of long ago during a combined services match. A three badge stoker happily knocked seven kinds of cr** out of me for a couple of rounds with little reply.
He finally nearly sent me to the promised land with a right hander that was so telegraphed that birds were roosting on his glove.

That result I thought, should be the end of my pugilistic exploits but was later asked to make a comeback.

My answer was very short, only two words, the second being OFF. The resulting 14 day jankers was a bit harsh but that's life.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 07:36 AM

The old adage "No market, No sale" springs to mind, I dare say there will be no shortage of punters, buying tickets to witness his undoing, and equally, Ricky is probably more than aware of this.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2012, 03:20 PM

Good luck to him as he seems to persevere with his choice, hope he is able to hold his head up high in the future, he's a likeable character who has been good for his chosen sport.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top