Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 06:41 PM

Re: is it just me

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
When our children were young they had to sit at the table and behave when out or we would take them out immediately .
You remind me of when I was a child. For a treat, my mother occasionally used to take us three children out to Collinson's Cafe in the middle of Bradford. There was usually a pianist and a violinist playing there and it seemed, to us anyway, a very upmarket place with waitresses dressed in the traditional black with white pinnies. Of course, that was in the days when Bradford could be described as a civilised town.
Naturally, we had to sit perfectly quietly and I never remember any children, either us or others, ever speaking louder than a quiet whisper. That's how we were taught and expected to behave in those days.

Needless to say, that establishment is now long gone and no doubt replaced by a TGI Friday, or some such place, where the kids and their parents can behave naturally - like yobs.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 07:20 PM

It's not only kids who have spoilt the pubs, you are lucky to find an old type pub nowdays, if there isn't a kaoroke machine blasting away there are huge televisions glaring at you from every wall.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 07:40 PM

Jimmy how I agree with you, time was when you went in the Local to catch up with the neighbours over a pint or two and have a laugh, maybe a game or two of Pool.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 08:57 PM

Or a game of dominoes.
I wonder if it's played at all anymore. I suppose they got thrown out along with the spittoons.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Or a game of dominoes.
I wonder if it's played at all anymore. I suppose they got thrown out along with the spittoons.
Hey I'm not quite that old But I do remember Bar Billiards, and after hours Poker games
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 09:03 PM

i remember after hours drinking,the lock in
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 09:03 PM

After hours poker games? You dark horse you!
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK

19-07-2016, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
After hours poker games? You dark horse you!
Oh dear, have I let the cat out of the bag

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 09:51 PM

I was never a physics/chemistry teacher but here is a tip for those studying `Brownian? Motion,.Just go to your local pub,restaurant or supermarket and see small particles moving in a random way
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 11:32 PM

I shouldn't really be contributing to this thread because I am guilty of taking my children/grandchildren in pub gardens and letting them run about & play...

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top