Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 12:15 AM

Re: Phone photos and links

A friend has Sony Xperia
He says he'd never swap..
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
My understanding is as follows:

You tap and hold on the picture
It then offers you the choice to View or Save

You select View and the picture opens in a new tab

You can then copy the pic URL from that tab
With my Android, you open the picture, then swipe down to share, and the options page comes up.
But there is no option to get an url to paste on a website, the choices are e-mail, g-mail, google, bluetooth, etc.
But no codes for sharing to websites.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Is there a way to post photos on here from websites or my phone albums using an android phone, also do I just copy links by typing the whole thing out or is there a quick way?

I would be grateful if someone could explain in very simple, step by step terms, if either are possible
Google Photos, You can set your phone to automatically upload all photos you take to Google Photos (it is similar to the old Google Picasa) - it is built into Android. From there you just follow the instructions to put the URL (the address) in the message using the little icon above the message - ie this one:

Your photos should be available on Google Photos a few seconds after they are taken and once there you can access them from any device that has internet access.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 12:41 PM

Bruce, Is the option Google, where you have to open an account, Google Photos?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 02:50 PM

I've got photos on Google photos but can't find the URL!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 08:04 AM

I've got photos on Google photos but can't find the URL!
Open the photo and right click on it - select "Copy Image Location" - paste that into the Picture URL

See attached Pic

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.25_17h00m40s_001_.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1428  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

25-07-2016, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Bruce, Is the option Google, where you have to open an account, Google Photos?
Google Photos is part of Google if you have a Google account you have Google Photos. I don't use it myself so can't give you the nitty gritty on it.

In your android Phone there should be an icon for Google Photos it looks something like this

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 09:50 AM

Yes I have that icon, I still don't get how you right click on a phone, I can't get the list up like Bruce has
All it does is zoom in on the photo.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 10:17 AM

Yes I have that icon, I still don't get how you right click on a phone, I can't get the list up like Bruce has
All it does is zoom in on the photo.
Tess, the equivalent of right click on a phone is to tap and long hold until a menu appears.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
With a phone..
Select is with a click
"Right click" equivalent is cluck and hold....

Edited
Oh really...
I meant click
Oh I don't know. I quite like the idea of clucking and then holding. It really could catch on and might lead to some interesting pastings.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top