Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 01:33 PM

Bloody SAGA!

SAGA keep sending me their junk mail; for car and household insurance, holidays, and probably other things, as I hardly read it now

I must have written to them 6 or 7 times now, in ever stronger terms, plus a couple of phone calls, asking them to stop

About half an hour ago the post came, including... yes some more junk mail from SAGA
What else can I do to get them to stop
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 01:43 PM

Re: Bloody SAGA!

Send it back to them unstamped. Or save it up and send it back in a big envelope again unstamped.

If you don't mind paying address if to the managing director and send it signed for, with a covering note stating your annoyance. That works best but you have to pay for the postage..
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Hmmm...... I think I've sorted it now

I sat here feeling more & more annoyed, so I phoned them up - only to be bounced around their call centre and put on hold, which didn't improve my mood any

Eventually I got through to a supervisor and made it very clear that I didn't want to hear from SAGA in any way, shape, or form ever again
Let's hope it works this time

But in general I'm annoyed by 'The Follow Up'

Every time I buy so much as a screwdriver, or stay at a hotel. I get junk mail and emails asking for a review or a satisfaction survey or a newsletter or some other such crap
My bank & building society do the same

No wonder all these companies are losing money if they devote resources to this sort of thing

At one time I had an allotment and subscribed to a fruit & veg growing magazine, but I gave it up & cancelled the subscription about 5 or 6 years ago
Yet despite repeated attempts to stop them I still get emails about 'upcoming features' from the mag.

No, it's not really a serious problem, but I just find it annoying
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 02:24 PM

I understand it's annoying but when asked for a review I try to help, I use reviews a lot if people don't give honest ones it's no help to those of us seeking them.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 03:05 PM

Very annoying but that is life in the 21st century.
Wasting the planets resources is no longer considered a crime.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Don't worry, you won't get this stuff through the letterbox for much longer, soon it will be delivered by DRONE.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 03:20 PM

Just send all their crap back to them, mark it unsolicited and and unwanted junk mail.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 03:31 PM

I think the fact that it is addressed to a named occupier, disqualifies it as Junk Mail.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 03:42 PM

I've got problems with BT Openreach invading my phone! It keeps pipping up in the search bar and no matter what I do it goes to their special offer home page, asking me to sign up. Only switching my phone off and back on seems to work, then not always.
Why can't these companies leave us alone?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I think the fact that it is addressed to a named occupier, disqualifies it as Junk Mail.
Not when they have been asked to stop sending it six or seven times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top