Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 07:36 AM

Mr , Mrs, miss and now mx

New title for transgenders people to join Mr, Mrs , and miss and now mx

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...partments.html

Your thoughts pls
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 07:46 AM

Re: Mr , Mrs, miss and now mx

If we accept folks have a particular orientation. it makes sense to have a title.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 07:52 AM

I don't really see the need for it. A man who's had a gender operation to become a woman - is a woman (I thought) and surely would prefer to be called a woman rather than an mx! .. Same for women who become men.

Ah well - it's doing no harm so long as they aren't forced by law to call themselves mx!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 08:07 AM

The only thing I would say is this, it draws attention to the fact they are transgender, which I would think would not be what was aimed for. If I'd wanted to be a man I would like to finally be called "Mr". But, it's up to them if. they feel comfortable with it. I wish there was something better than "Ms" for divorced women, sounds awful!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
The only thing I would say is this, it draws attention to the fact they are transgender, which I would think would not be what was aimed for. If I'd wanted to be a man I would like to finally be called "Mr". But, it's up to them if. they feel comfortable with it. I wish there was something better than "Ms" for divorced women, sounds awful!
It does, Twiz. Missing out the R. Wonder what that would stand for
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 08:27 AM

Titles are meaningless when people call out for you (hospital appointment, for example) using the wrong one! My marital status is single yet the times they've called out 'Mrs ...' It infuriates me and so I pointedly say 'Miss' when I greet them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 08:51 AM

Some people who will use this won't be transgender they will be the souls who don't have a gender assigned to them or who don't feel as if they are mainly male or female.
IMO it's fantastic move forward and will also cover those transitioning when they are preop.
DerekP
Leeds, United Kingdom
DerekP is male  DerekP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 08:54 AM

When my wife was very obviously pregnant with our first child, in the days when children out of wedlock was frowned upon, the local chemist, who had known my wife since she was a child, could not get out of the habit of shouting "Your prescription is ready Miss.....). Very embarrassing for her.

I agree with Twizard, A transgender person would presumably want to be referred to by the title of their adopted gender.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:00 AM

But there is about 3 years of transition some times more when they are to be fair neither male or female when they are living as the opposite sex pre op and during the operations. We also have a growing group of people world wide who don't consider themselves male or female due to often hormone problems. This will help them all.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:02 AM

I really don't see why we have to have a title at all if we're all equal. These days I think being called by our preferred name is enough. I think if you're confused about your gender is stressful enough without people calling you Mx. I have family and friends with experience of this I'll ask them what they'd prefer.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top