Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 07:49 PM

Macron wins....

What a bummer.

Oh well, France deserves everything it gets.
I won't be breaking out me bottle of Poo!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 08:07 PM

Re: Macron wins....

Originally Posted by fender ->
What a bummer.

Oh well, France deserves everything it gets.
I won't be breaking out me bottle of Poo!
A sad day, but predictable with their suppressed media
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Alternatively.......bloody marvelous.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 08:18 PM

You don't have someone like Le Pen take power unless there is no other alternative. The time isn't right. Between now and the next election though who knows?

It would be wonderful if Macron does stabilize France but I think this is an impossibility - he is an EU creation after all, and the very fact Le Pen has done so well is because of this very fact.

My worry is the EU will push through all sorts of rules - laws - on everything that can play into Le Pen's hands. In other words smother news in all sorts of ways (it is already extremely biased) or stifle dissent by making certain criticism illegal - another step up from the tactics the PC Brigade use now. Pretty sure they will push something through quite quickly in an attempt to disarm the affects of immigration.

Someone like Le Pen taking charge in the future is a possibility if the troubles that affect the people who voted for her party now spreads to the those that voted for Macron. This could happen if the EU (and France) merely continue on the same path as they have until now, and lets face it they intend to.

In my opinion France and Europe are heading for something hardly worth thinking about.

A good country to study how views can change after suffering duress is Sweden. Slowly but surely they are changing their minds about being so liberal minded.

Many only learn through hardship - a lesson learned, and some don't even then. Scary stuff.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 08:49 PM

A predictable reflection of what they did in the 1940s: Vichy France held their hands up and gave in to Nazi Germany.

They'll regret it. Or perhaps they'll realise their mistake in the future, but too late.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 09:00 PM

I kinda knew it would happen - after all, the French are pretty ball-less at the best of times.

All they've done is vote in one of the club, the elite, a Europhile.
I'll have no sympathy for them whatsoever when things DO go pear shaped.

They had their chance and blew it!..

I also agree with Mark re Sweden - things will change there soon (I hope!!)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 09:04 PM

The youngest French President ever.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by bruv ->
alternatively.......bloody marvelous.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

07-05-2017, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Alternatively.......bloody marvelous.
For the UK or the EU?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
For the UK or the EU?
For France. I have a half French friend who was born in Paris but has lived here since childhood. He wasn't well today but still he made sure to go out to vote against Le Pen.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top