Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:13 PM

Re: Spending the kids inheritence? Too right we are!

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How can you refuse Art ?
You'd be my first choice. ....If you weren't married

xxxxx
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:18 PM

I help my son out when I can, but still spend but still .He lives with me so i provide ,his food& laundry free,he pays for all the dog food & ins. but I pay vet fees,so I guess we help each other.I hsve one friend who has quite a lot of savings, but hesitates to spend on things for herself as she has several g/children & grt,g children,in case they want something.Another friend,has taken out equity on their house to pay for a operation on herself and one for her husband,as the NHS was too long
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
it's the strangest feeling in the world knowing that I can go online and just spend what I want on what I want for the future camper van. I've never been in the position where I didn't first shop around for the cheapest price of the product. (I'm sure this is inbuilt into us!). I must admit, it[s a lovely, never known before feeling.

I retired at sixty SG and was doing a lot of walking. One day I was walking down a road called 'Wheatley Hall Road' it's packed solid with car showrooms - Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW and all the usual ones....It occured to me as I was browsing the vehicles and looking at the prices stuck to the windscreens as I walked.....That for the first time in my life I could afford any of the vehicles I passed.....What an amazing feeling.........
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If you're not too fussy about destination and free between 16th June and 20th August I'd make space in my Burberry chav bag and whisk you off to Grimsby.
That’s great! I like fish!
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Bless him Cosmos, at least you know he is still quite able to blow you a kiss with his lips, wink at you, smile and tell you he loves you, or scold you, hold a great conversation and have a good snog with you. At the very best, he is still the lovely man you married, despite the devastating aftermath of such a truly frightening illness. Big hugs xx

Thankyou....And i will love him, and look after him, until the end .........xx
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 10:47 PM

Good on you Shroppie.

We did much the same thing until my wife's health deteriorated.

Bon chance, as the French say.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 10:58 PM

Why do folks automatically assume others have "Worked Hard".
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 12:43 AM

Enjoy every penny Shropshiregirl. All our kids have caused enough trouble and you've done your bit. Time to relax hunny !

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

I retired at sixty SG and was doing a lot of walking. One day I was walking down a road called 'Wheatley Hall Road' it's packed solid with car showrooms - Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW and all the usual ones....It occured to me as I was browsing the vehicles and looking at the prices stuck to the windscreens as I walked.....That for the first time in my life I could afford any of the vehicles I passed.....What an amazing feeling.........
That must be such an overpowering people - someone once said that happiness is a sense of obstacles being overcome and that one of peace and tranquility sets in.

Not that this fits in with your being able to buy any of the cars should you choose, but it's nice to have that choice.

Forgive me, early morning ramblings again.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:03 AM

Anyway, I applaud this thread and the lady who started it.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top