Join for free
Page 12 of 26 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:31 PM

Re: Over 50s Dating

I once met a guy who put an ad in the paper, years ago, he was nice, a lorry driver, kept me in toilet rolls for months!
I'm too set in my ways too for a "relationship" can't be bothered to leave notes for people to say where I'm going, that sort of thing, but it would be nice for outings, theatre and seaside etc. feels a bit daft to go on your own!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:33 PM

that's exactly how I feel, I don't want any baggage but that's what can happen in time and I'd rather not go there
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

02-07-2014, 06:43 PM

I have never tried online dating but some time ago I did the one where you record a message, and the newspaper publish a special phone number, prospective dates pay to listen to the message, then either leave a message themselves or they can write to a POBox. Or neither!

I got over 100 replies back then, and I dated a number of them ... some interesting tales to tell, but not here as I wouldn't want to frighten the horses.

But it isn't just feeling daft going somewhere on my own, it's just - if it's great there's no-one to enthuse with. If it's horrible there's no one to bitch about it with. If it's funny there is no-one to laugh about it with.

No-one to share things with, basically.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:45 PM

I think I'd rather have a best friend, sadly I lost mine a while back
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

02-07-2014, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I think I'd rather have a best friend, sadly I lost mine a while back
Sorry to hear that. I have lost two good friends, one to cancer and one to a stroke.

It is a very difficult thing, very painful. A best friend can be as hard to find as one ages, as an SO.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:55 PM

I'm happy to go places on my own - holidays, cinema, days out, etc - I usually end up chatting to someone even at the bus stop.

The one thing I can't do on my own is go dancing - I need a partner for that although there are some places I do go on my own if I know there will be ladies (or men) who I can have a dance with (I can dance the man's steps as well as the lady's).
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

02-07-2014, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I'm happy to go places on my own - holidays, cinema, days out, etc - I usually end up chatting to someone even at the bus stop.

The one thing I can't do on my own is go dancing - I need a partner for that although there are some places I do go on my own if I know there will be ladies (or men) who I can have a dance with (I can dance the man's steps as well as the lady's).
Hope you find someone for that My late uncle danced beautifully. He met his 3rd wife going sequence dancing, and had a few more happy years in his golden age!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

02-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Margoletta ->
Sorry to hear that. I have lost two good friends, one to cancer and one to a stroke.

It is a very difficult thing, very painful. A best friend can be as hard to find as one ages, as an SO.
you're right of course, you have to build a friendship, nurture it and let it grow, as you get older it's harder to do so as time is of the essence and goes by all to quickly
Cuddly Mick
Oxford ish
Cuddly Mick is male 

03-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I agree it could be good for the singles on here as many of them like flirting anyway. Let's hope there's no spillover from a dating site onto here. I don't mean to sound like a church lady, what I mean is, we've already been through a battle of sorts lately with some crudeness. I realize its better for a site to keep having new members joining all the time, but if the dating possibilities can't find anyone on their area, these members may begin bothering people here with out & out suggestiveness or we'll be going through what we all just went through. Am I making sense?
Are you referring to me??????
Cuddly Mick
Oxford ish
Cuddly Mick is male 

03-07-2014, 05:20 PM

I think I should put the record straight...My Wife Mavis of 53 years is terminally ill and I'm not interested in anyone else so those off you who took my "Friendly Banter" the wrong way should back off...I have a few friends on here who "Get me" so I'll stick with them
Luv
Mick
PS you should start the Singles Site

Page 12 of 26 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top