Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
chris
hebrides.uk
chris is female  chris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 04:44 PM

Re: Saga Holidays

I think we would leave the Bel Jou to travel to Rodney Bay about 4 to pick up from other hotels along the way. Then board the Frigate about 5.30ish. I'm sure we just went round in Circles..could have been the Punch n Vino. Have been 4 times!! Sunset almost as lovely as the Hebrides. Will post one of my videos on You Tube.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Trixie ->
Thanks for the recommendations, Chris. But in December won't the sunset be earlier?
Many places the sunset times hardly vary. St Lucia in December is about 6pm

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...omy.html?n=729
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 11:49 PM

In September went to Japan with Saga, it was wonderful and I can totally recommend the holiday. We had a brilliant tour manager with a great sense of humour. There were 20 on the trip, 7 couples and 6 singles, a real friendly bunch and everyone got on well. It was a tour and we visited and stayed in many different places, it was very well organised.
Trixie
Kent
Trixie is female  Trixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2014, 11:56 AM

Suppose you all know by now, we never reached the Caribbean due to the Ruby's air conditioning packing up. We went round the Med instead, very nice but not what we signed on for! (Still, the compensation was very generous!)
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2014, 12:00 AM

Sorry you didn't get to your chosen destination Trixie, but pleased you were compensated. Ruby is retiring, she let us down last year and we didn't get away in the end, as it was 6 weeks delay.
We are going cruising on Queen Victoria this time next week, and then again with Saga Pearl II in October.
Trixie
Kent
Trixie is female  Trixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2014, 09:10 AM

Have a great time, Valice. You're lucky in that there's two of you, so you're able to choose any cruise line. Saga seems to be the only one to cater for the single traveller - I refuse to pay the double the normal price that most cruise lines demand from people who prefer to travel on their own! Although Saga has treated me very well in the past, it's unfortunate that they no longer offer fly cruises, so much world to explore (and so little money)!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK

03-02-2014, 10:13 AM

You are right about the pricing for single travellers on most lines, first cruise we had we took Mum, they wanted her to pay double even though she was only taking one seat on airplane and consuming food for one, she decided if she was paying for 2 she may as well take someone else, so my sister in law came too.
Perhaps you need to advertise for a travelling companion, get to know them well beforehand though.
My best friend who I would want to be with if I were on my own, is a very bad sailor.

There are usually ads for travelling companions in Saga magazine
Trixie
Kent

03-02-2014, 11:22 AM

Thank you for that tip, Valice, I'll see if I can get hold of a SagMag without having to take out a full subscription!

However, I recently shared a cabin with a lady of my age who I met on the Spirit of Adventure, where we got on very well. But when it came to the cabin share it was like living with Hitler (except that Hitler was probably a lot more meticulous about personal hygiene!)
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK

03-02-2014, 08:15 PM

I cancelled my subs, as I was getting too many copies I hadn't read.
It is a reasonable value for the cost though, and they are prepared to reduce the price if they think you will leave them!!
chris
hebrides.uk
chris is female  chris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 10:22 AM

Hi all, went to St Lucia last Dec. Going again this year. Just for the warmth & sun for the ol bones! We went to Martinique for the 1 st time. Sadly we were so traumatised by the bad seas going over in the Catamaran than we were very apprehensive when we eventually got to the Island about the trip back. Never saw much as we only went to a church, the square & looked at another couple of buildings, then we were taken to a market that mainly sold fresh produce. The staff on the Catamaran were very nice obviousy used to the bad seas and helping folk suffering from sea sickness. Also quite a few thrown about who luckily did not break any bones. Just grazes. We hung on indoors thinking at any minute we would not come back up from the roll. Now, we are seasoned sea goers having been on many rough seas but this was the worst. You can read about these trips on Tripadvisor called Wave Riders. Catamaran. St Lucia. We did enquire about the sea the day before at the Bel Jou but were told we would have to pay if we cancelled at short notice, so we went. Twizard, we had on board from the Bel Jou a lovely man with a huge beard.. (everyone called him Santa he was used to it.) He sadly stayed outside on the Catamaran too scared to move when we started to 'rock n roll' on the waves. His beard was real as it was split when we arrived on Martinique. A quiet man who just said 'that was the closest to being on a white water roller coaster raft that I'll ever experience.' Pic of him on Tripadvisor Bel Jou.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top