Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 01:23 PM

Car camera battery charger

To remind you, I've recently purchased my first digital camera, a Lumix TZ70
The batteries are charged in the camera, via a USB cable to a mains adapter

This year I plan on going to a few festivals and other events; looking at castles & museums, and generally touring around
My accommodation will include a lot of camping, so I won't have easy access to mains electricity

I have seen that you can get adapters that connect cameras to the car's accessory socket.
Thus I thought I would be able to charge the camera battery while I'm driving around

Does anyone know anything about them?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Re: Car camera battery charger

All you need is an adaptor for the cigar lighter which has a USB socket outlet. You can get them with two outlets.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Don't do what my son did and that is charge it overnight on the car battery. He did and said Hello to the breakdown man the next morning with a flat car battery
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Don't do what my son did and that is charge it overnight on the car battery. He did and said Hello to the breakdown man the next morning with a flat car battery
No, I intend charging while I'm driving, and wouldn't leave it overnight
I wouldn't have thought a camera battery would draw enough power to flatten a car battery, but it seems not

I already have a car charger for my mobile phone, a Doro, and only use that whilst driving
And yes, the plugs into the phone & camera are different

I have also been looking for a charger for the batteries when they're out of the camera, which would be a bit simpler, so far without success. Perhaps I need to Search a bit more

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top