Join for free
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 10:14 AM

Condenser Tumble Dryers

Hi all

Does anyone have one of these as I am thinking of getting one. How often does the reservoir need emptying, any problems with steam etc. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Val
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Re: Condenser Tumble Dryers

Hi Val my son has one and it is very efficient. If I use it while baby sitting I check the reservoir but I am not sure how often you are supposed to do this.

I don't have one myself, I understand driers use a lot of electricity and so are quite expensive to run. I still use a washing line and clothes horse in the winter.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Hi all

Does anyone have one of these as I am thinking of getting one. How often does the reservoir need emptying, any problems with steam etc. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Val
Hi Val--Iv'e had one for a few years now it's a "Hotpoint Ultima" with a larger drum capacity than a standard vented tumble drier. It has a warning light to tell you the reservoir needs emptying should one forget. It does hold quite a lot of water and I have always managed to empty it before it has filled. I bought mine because I wanted to put a drier on an internal wall which would not allow venting. A condenser tumble drier was the answer to that and it has proved to be very efficient at not allowing moisture into the kitchen. I use mine a lot unless weather permits me to peg out on the washing line and as yet I haven't had any problems with mine.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. I will always hang washing out when I can as well but this is for times when I can't and bedding can't be dried on an airer easily. I am in the process of doing up my kitchen and we had converted an outhouse into a utility room so I want to move the washing machine out and get a dryer and if I get a condenser version I won't have to get a hole knocked through the wall for a vent.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Hi all

Thanks

Val
I have a Bosch & love it. I empty the reservoir after each load. I've had it 5years & never had any problems.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 03:11 PM

I had a very nice one that I couldnt vent and I bought a condenser kit and it worked brilliantly and I got no condensation in the kitchen at all..
Here's an example of one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zanussi-3743...2207819&sr=8-1

If like you I didnt already have a machine i'd buy one with a built in condenser from the start.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top