Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 10:15 PM

Re: What was the last live concert/recital you went to?

An organ recital in Passau Cathedral last year.

Sorry, I know organ music is anathema to most 'normal' people!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 10:21 PM

Not to me!!
I bet that was absolutely fabulous!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 11:24 PM

It was. What's more, as is commonplace for organ recitals in Germany, the place was packed; not a single seat remaining. I wish the same could be said for recitals in this country.
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 12:31 AM

We go to see Andrea Bocelli perform in Italy last Spring time... it was as you would expect... meraviglioso! (wonderful) I wish we are able to go to see more concerts, but they not come to perform too closely to where we live...we must go to them.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 02:52 AM

My OH and I are passionate concert/opera/recital goers but unfortunately living in Tasmania we don't get enough although we do have a good symphony orchestra. We go to Melbourne and Sydney several times a year for music and we come to England for two months every year and fill ourselves up with musical performances.

Last July/August we went to St Martins in the Field to see Carmina Burana; Carmen at the Coliseum; the Monteverdi Vespers at St Pauls. The year before we saw Jonas Kaufman in Manon at Covent Garden but it's becoming ridiculously expensive.

We do have a cinema that shows the Met and ROH filmed performances and we go to those regularly. The last live performance we went to was a couple of months ago to see a new travelling Sydney production of Cats and we're going to Sydney in April to see an outdoor performance of Turandot staged on the harbour.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 07:47 AM

Eric Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall 1994.....magic.....
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 07:49 AM

I used to go to see lots of bands at the Free Trade Hall and other venues in Manchester during the heady days of Prog Rock
Now I go to a local pub that has bands at the weekend

I've been saving up for a car so this summer I'll try to get to some festivals. Not modern pop, I'll look out for blues festivals, and possibly folk, I used to like that as well
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Tiffany and Cranberry Do you have any particular favourite !

A violin, a piano and Izhak Perlman... perfect listening

Not sure I have a favourite but some I listen to regularly include Dvorak, Bizet, Satie, Rodrigo and the old favourites Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Beethoven, pastoral mainly.

Have to say I also love Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Dire Straits, among others, so my musical tastes are many and varied...
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Not sure I have a favourite but some I listen to regularly include Dvorak, Bizet, Satie, Rodrigo and the old favourites Mozart, Tchaikovsky and Beethoven, pastoral mainly.

Have to say I also love Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Dire Straits, among others, so my musical tastes are many and varied...

Never keen on Bob and Bruce has always been a bit hit and miss but Dire Straits, now that is a different story altogether. Superb

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 01:42 PM

I love my trips to the Royal Albert Hall, usually manage several Proms in the summer, but I'm just as happy with Berlioz or Bach or Clapton or Poppins!
With world class performances it's such a joy to be there.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top