Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 04:44 PM

Re: Feb. 2 - Song Of The Day - Add you own please!

Originally Posted by Gianetta ->
Question please: .... I was watch the Downton Abbey - and Mrs Hughs and Mr. Carson have for dinner "Bubbles & Squeeks" .... what it means that? .................................................. ............. *** Nev-er mind... I know what its mean now. Is smash potato and vegetable together. I dunno what is make it squeek? : / ...I have a lots to learn of England.

Gia - its fried potatoes and cabbage and when is frying it squeaks x
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gianetta ->
Question please: .... I was watch the Downton Abbey - and Mrs Hughs and Mr. Carson have for dinner "Bubbles & Squeeks" .... what it means that? .................................................. ............. *** Nev-er mind... I know what its mean now. Is smash potato and vegetable together. I dunno what is make it squeek? : / ...I have a lots to learn of England.
Lesbian Seagulls
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 05:33 PM

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 07:41 PM

Brussels sprouts make best "bubble and squeak"
dukeofearl
south coast uk

02-02-2016, 09:23 PM

Something different as Gia is from the USA. This is home when we love it.

Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 09:59 PM

Oh wow! This is so wonderful to see! I LOVE all the England thing like that - the pageant and I can see why you are so proud...... Is very nice to see - and I become fall in love with England when I seeing the Downton Abbey show.... the royalty of it all and the grand houses and sceneries! I love all of that so much.... thank you for share that video for me - is very moving to see it..... I appreciate - thank you Michael. xo Gia
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 10:00 PM

Purwell - Brussle sprout make the best bubble & squeeks? So - people can put what they wish with the smash potato - like cabbage and little baby brussle sprout..... I see! Some day I will try to make that! Thank you for the nother suggestion! I appreciating! xo Gia
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 10:04 PM

That may be just my preference and it has to be slightly burnt, my Mum made best bubble and squeak, miss her every day!
Gianetta
US

02-02-2016, 10:05 PM

Ahhaahaaa...... that is GREAT song from Coldplay - and those monkey - lol....... is very sweet! Every one should watching this one! Is really good song - and very entertain! I like it a lots!
Gianetta
US

02-02-2016, 10:07 PM

Aww.. Purwell - I think you not mean "burnt" but may be stick to the pan a little bit so it get the color from carmelization? I just learn that word in English - - so proud my self! haha.... I know... our Mama's make things that we love so much - and when they leaving us, that specialness go away with them...... but the memory is still there to enjoy........ I like that story - and I thanks you for tell us.. I have those same feeling some time - wishing I could ask her advice for cooking certain things....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top