Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 10:02 PM

So life goes on...

I've just returned home (via taxi!) from the wedding of the granddaughter of my late best friend.

She is 17 as is her now husband, which to a lot of people seems young - but Jim and I married at that age so it seems perfectly normal to me!

A lot of people will judge them by their age and I hope that they can prove the doubters wrong. She is very mature (more than I at that age) so I have great faith in them. Not that my faith matters, GOD will guide them through life.

It was a beautiful ceremony and the party was well organised too, with good speeches and plenty alcohol available (hence the taxi, although I stuck to only 2 G&Ts).

I had a nice chat with her when she came out for air and I was having a cigarette. She was missing her granny who died only this April and got upset that she couldn't be there. I assured her that she was there looking over them and would have been so proud of her.

My days are numbered, but seeing young people make lives for themselves gives me a good feeling inside. Youngsters get a lot of bad press these days, but lets face it, they always did! It isn't anything new, and just like before, there are a lot of good ones out there.

Anyway, I'm listening to a few Scottish songs and will then retire to bed. Chemo tomorrow, can't wait (sarcasm)...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 10:07 PM

Re: So life goes on...

It good that you had an enjoyable day Susan and it must have helped to divert your thoughts from tomorrow .

Wishing you well as you put another treatment behind you..
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Witnessing them start their new life together and also being part of it must have been lovely. I wish them well in their life together.

Hope all goes well for you too tomorrow.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It good that you had an enjoyable day Susan and it must have helped to divert your thoughts from tomorrow .

Wishing you well as you put another treatment behind you..
Exactly what I was going to say
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:27 PM

I'm pleased you've had a lovely day, Susan

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow...
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tuppy ->
Witnessing them start their new life together and also being part of it must have been lovely. I wish them well in their life together.

Hope all goes well for you too tomorrow.
It was indeed Tuppy, and they got some great photographs taken. Of course, being this day and age they will have hundreds stored on a hard drive, unlike in my day when you had a few in a photo album and that was it!!

I'm happy for them though. They are having a couple of nights in a hotel and will then have a "proper" honeymoon in Canada after Christmas. For them to go now would either mean they would have a very short honeymoon or not get back in time for Christmas, neither of which they want.

As for tomorrow, I'll be fine. I'd rather suffer the effects of the treatment than let the cancer have its way.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 12:47 AM

I do so admire your attitude. I don't know if I could be strong like that.
Bless you Susan - thinking of you tomorrow. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm pleased you've had a lovely day, Susan

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow...

Same here, susan. Good luck.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 01:45 AM

Wishing them and you good luck.

My youngest son's girlfriend became pregnant when they were both 18. We were quite horrified at the time and thought it would end in tears but they got married and have been happily married ever since and that's 30 years ago. They renewed their vows after 10 years and both have told me they wouldn't have married anyone else. So, you never can tell.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 10:08 AM

I hope everything goes well with your chemo today. I also wish your young friends every happiness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top