Join for free
Page 37 of 57 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 > Last »
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 06:33 AM

Re: Petulant Zionist Israel.

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
.... God (?) further defined the borders of the land promised to Abraham:
“To your offspring I give (?) this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates, the land of the Kenites, the Kenizzites, the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites and the Jebusites.”
Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Of course all of this stuff was written centuries later by ....... ?
The Jews, Israelites, Hebrews .... whatever.
History is written by the victors !

By their own account, they slaughtered, raped, enslaved and dispossessed all those who had lived THERE -
using as their excuse the commands of a mythical Yahweh.
Nothing much has changed.
I repeat this for two reasons.
(1) Unbelievable as it is, I keyed "dispossessed all those who lived their".
(2) The Jews started the ball rolling with their ancient genocide, and still claim some 'divine right' to territory which was never theirs.
Surprise, surprise, Muslims now take a leaf from their book in the name of their mythical Allah.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm trying to think of a religion that has never been warlike.

Buddhism, perhaps?

wrong JBR sorry look to recent history in Myanma!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So it's alright if you are the 'same 'people ?
it's ok for Pakistan to inflict terror onto India ?
To persecute minorities -they are after all the 'same ' people ?
One lot have permission to terrorise because they are the 'same 'people '?
How does that equate in Syria ?
Are they not all the 'same ' people ?
How about Africa can the janjaweed murder thousands of men women and children because they are the 'same 'people '
( except of course they are not they are arabs who have committed a true genocide so Is that not Ok too?are they bullies too? )
It's only too clear that there is a double standard towards Israel in your mind Julie .
They are the bullies but more importantly they have no rights because they are not the 'same 'people ?
At the end of the day are we not all people ?
As Shylock once said do we not bleed ?

This argument is amazing to me .
Terrorism is fine as long as you are the same people .

Then Pakistani defence minister Khawaja Asif has stated
"We will destroy India if it dares to impose war on us.

( don't these words sound familiar ?)

But that's OK they are after all the 'same 'people.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-military-line
As I've not said any terrorism or violence is ok I think you are making it up as you go along again. All I said was splitting up countries against one or another sides will has caused terrorism. We've seen it closer to home in Ireland too, anywhere we interfere with natural borders we cause conflict.

And that's my last comment on it all, I haven't the will these days to keep going round in circles about what you want to believe I've said when I've said nothing of the sort.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
?....... All I said was splitting up countries against one or another sides will has caused terrorism.We've seen it closer to home in Ireland too, anywhere we interfere with natural borders we cause conflict.

Natural borders?
I hadn't noticed there was a mountain range separating the north and south of Ireland .
Nor are there any natural borders separating the state of Israel from any of the surrounding lands
So no natural borders have very little to do with terrorism.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 01:50 PM

Natural borders?
I hadn't noticed there was a mountain range separating the north and south of Ireland .
Nor are there any natural borders separating the state of Israel from any of the surrounding lands
So no natural borders have very little to do with terrorism.
Ok one more comment, that was my point there are no seas or rivers or mountains between them we have made an unnatural border.

Really I do think you don't sometimes think before dashing of a disagreeing post.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 02:50 PM

I think the same about you you post things that to me are totally illogical .
I also find this collective guilt thing strange .
We have made unnatural borders .
Are you speaking for the entire human race or just the British ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-01-2017, 03:19 PM

I think the same about you you post things that to me are totally illogical .
I also find this collective guilt thing strange .
We have made unnatural borders .
Are you speaking for the entire human race or just the British ?
We uk have been at forefront but others have dabbled too. If you can't see that then you really are cherry picking bits you will believe and bits you don't even read.

Logic isn't all that these debates are about btw many people post from a less than logical position, what is really illogical is you pick at my posts and don't just walk on by, it becomes boring and daft keep reading things into what has been said things that aren't really there.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Why should I walk on by when its a debate /discussion?
One person puts up a point another disputes it or gives a different opinion with a reasoned explanation ,
That's what discussion is all about.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We've seen it closer to home in Ireland too, anywhere we interfere with natural borders we cause conflict.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. How many countries are separated by 'natural borders' (rivers, mountains, etc)?

That's why most countries have borders that have changed over time. Even the border between England and Scotland is not 'natural', which is why we have a unified country now (except for the fish woman's rantings, of course).

Look at a map of Europe. Apart from the island of Great Britain, just about every other European country has borders created by man. OK, there is the odd exception, like France/Spain separated by a mountain chain, but most are not 'natural borders' which is why they have moved about over the centuries. Look at historical maps and you'll see what I mean.

Actually, come to think of it, have I just stated a good reason why most of Europe should be a single state?

Still, the Channel is without doubt a 'natural border' and has served us well for a thousand years!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:26 PM

There's absolutely no such thing as a natural border.
A border is only created by inhabitants who lay claim to a strip of land.

I know.....it has nothing to do with the debate.....its just my opinion on borders.

Page 37 of 57 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top