Join for free
Page 46 of 57 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 05:14 PM

Re: Petulant Zionist Israel.

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Porkina, I was not tiddly, thank you very much. That's your affliction , you assume too much and make a meal of it , when it's nothing to do with you. Cups of tea don't have that effect and I 've only read that smattering of your post, because I don't wish to read anymore. as the point I made is no longer up for discussion or argument in my ball park. It was simply a point in defence of humiliation towards the weak and suffering.
Puddled .. you're still sounding fuddled.
All this started because you showed crass insensitivity...

You could have said ...
What's more, Hitler was an atheist, that's what atheists do. They try to criticise people which ever way it makes them feel good about themselves
Instead , you said ...

What's more , Hitler was an atheist, that's what atheists do. They try to crucify people which ever way it makes them feel good about themselves.
On a thread about Israel, religion, beliefs and believers in a divine godhead the two words have totally different connotations... particularly when including Hitler.

Next, after receiving a bit of a backlash you posted dictionary definitions claiming crucify and criticise have the same meaning ...
I can only assume you were trying to be witty .. humorous .. and engaging in a bit of crass and insensitive lampooning at Jews expense , which backfired.

Wrong. Two meanings for Crucify. = the one you obviously are thinking, and ....criticize (someone) severely and unrelentingly
Saying Atheists, Hitler, crucified people to make them feel good is on a par of a poor, tasteless witticism such as ...

Muslims, Isis, throw homosexuals off rooftops with gay abandon
or .. whilst in free fall ..
Full of gay pride the homosexual refused to convert.

You won't understand any of that, for if you did, you would appreciate how odd you look when you claim to be defending Christians , or against the humiliation of the weak and suffering.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
.... And then there was the irrelevant personal barbs to-and-fro.
Ranging from PD's apparent belief that atheists, as a species, lack morality
to the nasty personal stuff directed at her suggesting she was 'silly' (and worse) and even DRUNK !

PD and I quite clearly differ on just about everything.
But her response to my post #441 was calm, courteous, non-abusive and a quite articulate statement of her position.
And still it goes on .....
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
.... you're still sounding fuddled.
.... you showed crass insensitivity...
.... if you did, you would appreciate how odd you look ....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 06:03 PM

Well that's easy enough to reply to....

She still does...
She did ...
She does.

From Porkina ... who has apparently had a change of user name.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
.... From Porkina ... who has apparently had a change of user name.
You mean like "Puddled" ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

17-01-2017, 06:10 PM

You mean like "Puddled" ?
Exactly, I'm glad you noticed that.
It's called quid pro quo Pummy.
Or if which came first the chicken or the egg .. Porkina came before Puddled.

I do tend to return like with like.
Pumicestone
Australia

17-01-2017, 06:17 PM

Yes well, each side will blame the other
but I've gone back over the last 100 posts or so and PD has copped far more personal crap (from multiple sources) than she ever gave out.

Wonder if it is still possible to get back to the subject without all this emotive navel-gazing kiddie-stuff ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

17-01-2017, 06:30 PM

She got replies to her posts which is not entirely to be unexpected on a public discussion forum.

I never had you down as a knight in shining armour type Pummy .. though you sounded somewhat deflated in saying .. Yes well, each side will blame the other

What! No vigorous and chivalrous defence on behalf of Porkina?

I will agree with you that it's more interesting, and productive, to discuss the subject in hand.

Porkina
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 06:40 PM

The thread has wandered so far from the OP it difficult to know where to take it up again .
Pumicestone
Australia

17-01-2017, 06:40 PM

It's so far back now, it would be hard to find when this thread was last 'on track'.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 06:45 PM

It's so far back now, it would be hard to find when this thread was last 'on track'.
Now you know how we feel when you bring up cats.

Page 46 of 57 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top